The Prince Charming

Lean's POV

"What do you mean, you turned Emma down?" 

I did not bother to look up just to see the shock on Chris' face.  I frowned when I have read the email of Mr. Portland that I have to be in San Diego by next week for our annual convention.  Being the Chief Designer of AshFord Asia, this is one of the duties that I wished not to do.  Travel from time to time.  I do not enjoy hopping from one place to another. Blame it to my poor social life. If it is not work-related, I'd rather stay at the office.

Just last week I had to fly over to Batanes for another design structure for our upcoming project in new aircraft system.  

"Dude!"

I looked at him, annoyed.  Inalis ko ang tingin sa cellphone ko and stared at him, his whole face freezes in shock.  I cannot blame him.  Emma is one of the top young managers of our company.  I know she likes me, consider me conceited but with just a look on her dreamy face every time I passed on by her table, I know I don't have to ask her twice.  She will come to me willingly.  

And with her chin held up high.  I smirked.  Typical woman.  Sa una kunwari hindi ka pansin, but later on they will chase you like a mad dog.  

"I was busy last Saturday, biglang dumating si tita Almira," I said drily.  "And don't try to pull another date Chris.  I told you, I don't like to be chased by the——."

"By Bianca's kind," he supplied acidly.  My lips compressed into a thin line. I looked at him angrily.  Chris raised his two hands in surrender.  Naupo ito sa sofa.  "Alright, so I mentioned her again!  It's because you do not want to go out on a date and instead you sulk like an ugly Quasimodo waiting for someone to rescue you!"

My jaw hardened.  "Stop meddling with my personal affairs Chris.  You are not a cupid to find my one true love," I said sarcastically.  I moved my gaze back to my laptop.  "And will you please submit the report that I need?  Your secretary is very slow, you should fire her."

Napailing na lamang si Chris.  "Huwag mong idamay si Sandra sa init ng ulo mo.  My secretary is fine, you," he pointed his finger on me.  "Happened to be a slave boss.  Gusto mo ora orada nasa harap mo na.  Try a little patience will you?" tumayo na ito.  He sighed when he saw me already focused on my laptop.