"Shit," he growled under his breath, "did she take anything with her?"

"Two bags, a duffel bag and I think a baby bag, though I'm not quite sure sir." Jason answers, confused as to why he's asking about her.

"Fuck. Search Athena's grounds, NOW!" I command, walking back and fourth in the room. My heart clenched painfully.

He was supposed to protect her.

Ezra was snuggling up next to me, his red eyes and golden brown hair swaying from the cool air blowing in through his open window.

"Yes sir". Jason answers as I end the call.

I take Ezra sleeping body and enter the hallway. I rush to the twins room where the two of them sleep and place him in the extra crib, knowing he'll be calm when he wakes up seeing his older siblings.

I'm leaving in a hurry, I need to see Silas, Leo and Luca. Happily, the three of them sleeping, snoring lightly.

I feel my phone vibrate in my pants pockets, a buzz that is only heard in my ears. I look at the screen to see that it is a call from an unknown person.

I pick it up, hoping it's some information about my little daughter, walking into my room to see my tired wife sleeping.

"Hi Maximillian, this is Avery and Athena." Averys scratchy, annoyed voice blared through the phone's speakers in a sickly sweet voice, making me want to shoot her in the head a million times.

Even though she is my sister-in-law, she hurt my wife a lot and that alone makes me hate her.

"Where is my daughter and why the hell do you have her?" I ask angrily, not loud enough to wake my wife, texting one of my best trackers to trace the call that was currently going on.

"You see that she may be your daughter, but now I am her legal guardian." SHe laughs, Ales crying entered the phone lightly.

"What the hell are you talking about? I swear to God. If you don't bring her back, you're going to fucking regret it." I get on the phone, ready to kill her annoying ass.

"See, I may have kidnapped her. And then I did a lot of paperwork. That part was the boring part though. And this little bitch can't stop crying, it's fucking annoying. Plus, you can try to find me, but it won't work. I know people." She says, laughing slightly as if I've told her a joke.

"And why the hell did you do that?" I get on the phone while texting my tech to trace the phone call.

"Isn't it obvious? You and Valentina, you have it all. Money, children, a loving family and I have nothing, so now I'm taking the only girl produced in the Lopez family in over generations. Have fun without Athena!" Not too much". And then the phone went dead.

No.

No.

No.

No, this can't happen. My daughter. The only girl born into the Lopez family in generations, she left because a bitch was jealous of her sister.

I quickly call my tech to see if they have any information on Avery, but they say it's a burner phone, so there's no way to trace it.

Silently, I fell to the ground, cold wet tears streaming down my pale face, my nails digging into my scalp as I realized I couldn't protect my own fucking daughter.

I'm pathetic and a horrible father.