f i v e

Rick and Daryl stood back trying to figure out how to get inside.
Rick suggested he would go to the house across the street and make enough noise on the roof to draw the walkers attention so that Daryl could swiftly get in and get out of the tunnel.
They agreed to this plan and set off.

With Rick climbing to the roof of the house, he fired his gun and yelled frantically, causing the walkers by the front of the tunnel to go towards him.
Daryl ran to the door but underestimated how heavy it would be, after opening enough of a gap to slip in, it slammed behind him causing all the walkers to turn back around and claw there way towards the tunnel. They were no longer focused on Rick.

Daryl's only escape was now completely blocked.
Rick set off to go get the others to help get him and possibly you, out.

*
As soon as Daryl entered the tunnel, he saw you, unconscious and crushed beneath the rocks with walkers on the other side of the small wall.

"Shit." he whispered under his breath, running over to you and setting his cross bow down.
He lifted the rocks off your leg and dragged you off to the side, where he sat and waited for you to wake up.

**

You fluttered your eyes open to see Daryl sitting across from you, leaned on the other wall of the tunnel.
He walked over and gave you some water and a granola bar. You consumed both quickly.

"How you holdin up.?" he asked.
"I've been better." you choked up, barely able to make noise.

"Yeah I bet." he said looking at the ground.
"Ion know where you're going, or when we're getting outta here, but you gotta get help for your leg." he added.

"I don't know where i'm going anymore. I left to find my brother, and I did. Now i'm stuck, alone."

"You ain't alone we gonna get you outta here and back with us, that's what Carl wants." He said.
He paused a moment before asking.

"Your brother one of them.?" He asked and pointed to the walkers on the other side of the rocks.
"Yeah." you muttered out before throwing up next to you.

He just stared at you, handing you a wet towel to clean yourself.  But you were to exhausted to pick it up. You just closed your eyes instead.
He sighed and crouched next to you, taking the towel across your face, and arms gently.
"Thanks." You whispered. "Wait." You called out as he walked away.
"Hm" he said, while you patted down your pockets and handed him a smoke. "Here."
He lit the cigarette and continued to study you with his eyes.

"Are we trapped in here.?" You asked.
"Yeah, hopefully Rick comes back soon and let's us out."
"Great, glad I get to die with you." You whispered under your breath.
"Listen sweetheart, I came out here to help you."
"What help you are." "Plus Im not your sweetheart." you reply.
"Trust me, I don't wanna die with some bitch who stabbed me either." he scoffed.
"Well todays your lucky day." "sweetheart."

He scoffed and looked at you as you closed your eyes.
About 10 minutes later you grabbed onto the rocks and attempted to pull yourself up.

" Hell are you doin??" He asked.
"I'm not leaving him like that, I have to put him down." You respond, heaving your way up the rubble.
"You ain't gon be able to get up there, you know that." he said standing up as if getting ready to catch you.

You continue to climb up until one walker grabbed your leg, causing you to yell in pain and let go of the rock you were holding.
Falling back onto Daryl, the both of you falling on the ground.
He sat up and leaned against the wall, your body still on him.

"See what'd I tell you princess." he scoffed.
"I ain't no princess, I can do it." You replied.
"We'll get him, don't worry about it." He whispered.
Attempting to get up, you failed and fell further onto him.
Before helping you up, Daryl's mind wandered. Your cold hands on his shoulders pinning him, your leg in between his. When's the last time a girl has been this close to me.? He wondered.
His heart raced the more he studied you. Your hair brushing against his face.

"Gonna help me up or not?" You say lifting his face to yours.

He suddenly snapped back into reality. What was that? He hasn't felt anything like that in a long time.
He picked you up and placed you next to him not saying a word.
Your face a little flushed from embarrassment from how much he studied you just then.

"Who taught you how to use your knife like that?" He asked.
Daryl was so intrigued by you, he wanted to ask so many questions but he held back.

"Just kinda learned over time after all this shit went down." you responded.
"Your good, you can be good help for our group." he said.
"We'll see." You said looking over at him. You locked eyes for a moment. He stood up and patted you on the shoulder.

"Screw Rick, cmon let's find a way outta here." He said helping you up.

You don't know much about this Daryl but there's so much about him you want to learn.