t h r e e

You looked around to try and spot Daryl but he wasn't around the fire. Getting up, you walked around the building scanning high and low. You remembered seeing him smoking when you first saw him, maybe you could offer him a smoke as an apology, you thought.

Sitting on a roof was Daryl, you couldn't quite tell what he was doing, looked like he was making an arrow or something.
Climbing up a ladder onto the roof he shot you a glare. "Hell' you doin up here.??" He said aggressively.
"Thought i'd offer you a drag considering I did stab you earlier." you said handing him the cigarette. He took it almost immediately.
"I'll take it but I ain't accepting no apology." he said.

You both sat in silence, him sparing you a few glances. Trying to subtly scan you.
"Surprised you were able to get out of that herd like you did with your leg like that." he said looking down onto the ground.
"Hardest part was just walking, killing the dead ain't nothing anymore."
You said, feeling a bit of confidence knowing that was a slight compliment.

He continued to subtly scan you, up and down. Was he impressed.? You couldn't tell.
Both of your guys thoughts were cut off by the sounds of muffled screams and gunshots in the distance. Rushing down the ladder you both sprinted to the tall building in the back, where the sound came from.

Rick, Carl, Maggie, Glenn, and everyone was lined up with fabric stuffing each one of their mouths. We peaked in the window to see the chopped up limbs on a table in front of them. Based on Daryl's expression you could see he knew what was going on too.
Without hesitation you broke the window grabbing the nearest guard and holding a knife up to his throat, threatening to kill him. The other guards seemed to not care about their own man and started shooting at you anyway.

Shoving the man in the way blocking the bullets you quickly threw your knives striking  two of the guards down. You stabbed another as he came after you but shortly after, you were pinned down by many others.
Daryl swiftly shot two guards and stabbed another before also being pinned.

You were both lined up next to the others, fabric matching theirs. Down the row you see people from another group start to get slaughtered.
They're heads bashed in then their throat sliced. Everyone watched in horror, thinking about how they're about to die. You weren't.
All you could think about was how this probably happened to your brother. I mean where else would a lost 13 year old boy go.

'Safe Sanctuary For All' Of course he's going to go there.

You noticed Rick had untied his hands with a piece of wood.. what was he planning.? Suddenly the roof shakes as a giant explosion goes off onto the other building. You see through the window as hundreds of walkers entered the walls.
You turn to see Rick and the others with their now freed hands, stab and take out the last of the guards in the building.

You see as they all left and you were still sitting there tied up. Bastards.
You thought to yourself, attempting to free your hands.
You see Rick pass Daryl a knife and point to you, Daryl throwing it on the ground and turning around but stopped, just before he left the building. He quickly ran back grabbing the knife and untied you grabbing your arm and pulling you out of the building.

Everyone fled out of there while you stopped. "Hell you think your doin?! Cmon!" Daryl yelled to you.
"I see him. I see the leader of this shit getting away, I can't let him. Not after what he did to my brother." You say as you struggle to run after him.
"Tch, crazy son bitch." Daryl says as he chases after you.

Daryl, supporting you with his arm, followed you as you ran after that psycho. Following him onto the top of those giant shipping crates, he raises his hands into the air, considering he had no weapons.
Daryl without hesitation shot him in the neck with his cross bow, causing the man to fall into the walkers.

"Thank you." You whispered to him.
"It's whatever, I wanted him dead too." he replied.

Stumbling into the woods, you and Daryl searched for the others. Coming across someone else, who you didn't know.

"Daryl?" She says, covered in blood, sprinting up to hug him. He hugged her back.

"I'm so glad you're alive, are you the one who made those explosions?" He asked. But got no response.

"Carol..?"