Ruin AU~ 2.

You heard a soft voice singing. All of the lights were out in the daycare, which was probably normal as the place had been abandoned for a long time. But a soft flickering light, right in the middle of the daycare on top of the playground structures, caught your attention. You moved closer to it, hoping you'll be able to hear and see more. You hid behind a few boxes. As you could finally hear the tune the voice was singing, you realized it was a birthday song.
It didn't sound very happy as birthday songs would usually sound though.

You heard a soft chuckled as soon as the song finished.
"Happy birthday.. right? Say happy birthday..! ....Yeah..."
You heard a sigh. The voice sounded so sad, it made you feel bad. You were about to go back, but accidentally stepped on a squeaky toy. You hadn't seen it in the dark.
It scared you, and apparently also the voice, as it suddenly turned quiet and the little light up there turned off.

You got out of your hiding spot and ran away, getting behind a long desk, hoping that the voice hadn't seen you so you could escape.
You heard a soft click and guessed it would've been the light that turned back on, so you peeked over the desk to check.
No light, no voice, no figure.. Where did they go?
You turned back around, ready to crawl towards the gate that was only on a few meters distance from your hiding spot, but the moment you did, you heard the click again, this time right above you. A soft red glow appeared at the same time and before you knew it, you saw a figure jump down in front of you with a heavy clanking sound.

"Gregory!" You felt something cold around your throat as you were lifted from the ground. You wanted to scream but your airway was blocked, so in a panic, you directed your flashlight at the figure, hoping to see their face.
You were surprised to see the same face as the statue you'd seen before as you lowkey expected the animatronic to be out of function after so many years. The animatronic also seemed surprised by the sudden flash of light in it's face and let go of your throat to cover it's face.
"Ugh.. You little murderer! You..! ....No, no.. It's okay.. I'm.. " The animatronic started crying, and it was as if it was trying to comfort itself.. or at least that's what it sounded like.

You felt bad for them, but took your chance to run. They obviously had the intention to hurt you.
"Gregory!!"
Who's Gregory?
You ran and entered the climbing structures, hoping to escape the animatronic that way.
You hoped that you could climb through and exit the structured near the doors to escape the daycare, but those hopes were soon crushed when you noticed the many blockades in there. You did see something that looked like a generator. Guessing that the animatronic could see you perfectly well in the dark, you could use a little light so you could see him too, so you pulled the handle on it, and a light turned on near the place where he would've been before he came after you.

You heard struggling noises coming from the animatronic. Apparently, it couldn't really stand light very well.
"Turn it off..!- No, no, I'm sorry, I'm.. stay calm." You heard it softly started sobbing again.
What was up with this animatronic? Did it's system crash?
With one light now on, you could see enough to find it returning to the place you'd seen it first. It kept crying, and humming the same birthday song to itself.

You took your chance to escape and headed back to the door you'd entered through, but the moment you were about to step out, you again felt a wave of sadness and guilt wash over you. You looked back, watching the animatronic rocking himself, all alone while humming a birthday song. You couldn't leave it like this.
You entered the structures again and found your way up to where it faced you with it's back.

"Hello..?"
You're voice skipped as you felt nervous about it's reaction. Would it chase you again? Try to kill you?

The sobbing stopped and the animatronic froze.
It turned it's head around to face you, the 'eyes were almost closed as it looked straight into the light.
"Gregory.. Leave before I kill you.."

You noticed a small cupcake in front of him with a single candle on it. That must've been the source of the flickering light you'd seen before. As you checked it out some more, the cupcake looked like a tiny pile of trash put together into the shape of a cupcake.
"Uhm.. I'm sorry if I.. disturbed you, but my name isn't Gregory.."

"..Leave... No, don't leave us.." It shook it's head. "I said leave!"

As the animatronic showed no sign of attack, you slowly crawled out of the structure and onto the net of it, to where he was.
"Is it your birthday? Are.. Are you okay?"
You asked.

Well you were mistaken. The animatronic got up and quickly jumped onto you, wrapping it's cold hand around your throat like before.
You managed to let out a little scream as you trued to make use of every possibility to breathe.

"Don't you think you've taken enough?!"
It's angry voice spoke.

"Wait!- I- I'm- not here to- ugh- take anything!"
The animatronic didn't seem to care about your intentions, but a second later, His eyes widened and he let go of you. He covered his face with his hands and let out some struggling groans.
"Who are you?! What are you doing here?" He almost sounded scared as he asked you.

You coughed as you tried to catch your breath again.
"...I'm Y/N.. I don't know why I'm here..."

The animatronic looked straight at you again and took a good look at your face.
He shook his head and you saw the little sunrays on his left side slightly retracting and some tears formed in it's eyes. They weren't normal tears though.. It looked almost like oil.
"Who are you...?" He asked again.

"... Y/N..?"

The light in it's right eye flickered, and the red light in the left got slightly brighter.
It looked as if he wasn't in control of his emotions, as he turned mad again.
"Don't play games with me! Who are you?! Ugh.. you can't be.."

"Who are you though..? Aren't you supposed to be.. Moondrop? No.. Sundrop..?" You asked carefully.

It looked confused.
"You don't.. recognize me? I'm..- ugh, stop messing with me! ...Light.."
It once again looked like it was struggling. But his voice at the end sounded soft. Different.

"Light?" You asked.

No response.
You hesitantly took out your flashlight and turned it on, pointing it at him.
His movements seemed to calm down and he just sat there in his spot. It looked almost as if he was broken.

"Eclipse."
_____________________________
Hello, hello, just here to say that I'll be trying to upload twice a week as I have summer break rn so I have time, bat atm I'm really sick so it might take me a little longer. Already busy with the next part though, so I'm hoping to get better soon and work hard for you all 🫶

I think today was the hardest so I'm guessing tomorrow will be better.
I basically just have a cold, nothing special, but I work in a care home for elderly people, and apparently, a whole wing of the building is filled with people with a cold and ofc they didn't tell me so now I got it too, yay.
It's really getting to my lungs so I sleep bad and have little energy, but I was able to make dinner today so I'm guessing I'll be fine in a few days.
I just had a hard time working on the story for the past few days so FORGIVE ME IF I DON'T MAKE IT ON SCHEDULE 🧎🏻🧎🏻
Thank you all for your support though and I hope you'll enjoy this AU as much as my original story!

Also, feel free to correct any pronouns mistakes or any other kind if I made them, I didn't really have time to check it thoroughly so I'm really sorry if there are any mistakes 🤞

Old markiplier is a must while writing ofc
Oh I look so happy

Anyways laters 😭😭