Chapter 9: Going to Zero

(Tokuro is seen in his room, recovered from his injures.)

Tokuro: I guess some training will do some good to me.

(Moments later, Tokuro starts training with Fox, Velvet and Yatsuhashi. Fox charges into a line. As Velvet and Yatsuhashi begin fighting as well, they barely duck out of the way in time and only just get an arm up to block a left swing. Tokuro knees them in the side and blocks two kicks from them in response. He steps back from a wild right swing and headbutts the duo, before throwing them to the ground. Fox comes up in a roll and pulls out his weapon, but Tokuro kicks it away.)

(Some minutes later)

(The training was over, and Tokuro felt stronger than ever.)

Tokuro: Thanks, guys. I'm getting stronger than ever now.

(Fox and Yatsuhashi bow while Velvet smiles while blushing. Suddenly Deneb comes in with the Zero Card.)

Tokuro: Is that...?

Deneb: I'm giving you the Zero Card.

Tokuro: After so long... why now?

Deneb: I had kept it because it comes out with a price.

Tokuro: I'll do whatever it takes to restore the world! I don't care about the consequences!

Deneb: (chuckles) Okay, you win. (gives him the card) It's all yours, Tokuro.

(Suddenly G Den-O and Yuuki (Hijack Form) come in, holding Mikuru as hostage.)

G Den-O: We finally found you!

Yuuki (Hijack): Time to finish what we started!

Tokuro: (stern) You will regret this!

(Tokuro prepares to transform.)

Tokuro: Henshin!

ALTAIR FORM!

(Tokuro becomes Zeronos and charges at both G Den-O and Yuuki (Hijack). While he fights them by himself, Team FVY manages to rescue Mikuru.)

Mikuru: Thank you, guys.

(The trio nods while Zeronos kicks G Den-O away, but the villains decide to combine their attacks and gain the upper hand. Tokuro then pulls out his Zero Card.)

Zeronos: (in mind) Is it really worth it?

(G Den-O shoots Zeronos while Yuuki (Hijack) slashes him.)

Zeronos: (in mind) Like I said... as long as I can restore the world... I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE CONSEQUENCES!

(He uses his Zero Card.)

CHARGE AND UP!

(Zeronos changes to his Zero Form while Deneb transforms into the Denebick Buster.)

Yuuki (Hijack): What the...

Zeronos: Let me say this to start

Zeronos: Let me say this to start. I'm fairly strong!

 I'm fairly strong!

D. Buster: Let me say next, I'm surprised too!

Zeronos: (bonks Deneb) Just shut up and let's fight!

(Zeronos starts shooting while G Den-O shoots as well. Zeronos kicks him and dodges Yuuki (Hijack)'s slash before shooting him as well.)

FULL CHARGE!

Zeronos: Deneb, let's go!

D. Buster: Roger!

(Zeronos inserts the Zero Card in his Denebick Buster and it charges up. Yuuki (Hijack) then decides to leave G Den-O.)

G Den-O: NO! WAIT! DON'T RUN AWAY YET!

Yuuki (Hijack): See you never, deadweight!

(Zeronos shoots a powerful energy beam which hits G Den-O.)

G Den-O: CURSE YOU ALL!

(G Den-O explodes, and nothing remains of Striker.)

Mikuru: (excited) HE DID IT!

Velvet: (excited) WELL DONE, HONEYBUN!

(The group cheers for Tokuro's victory, and he detransforms, feeling nothing wrong with him. Unbeknownst to everyone, the effects of the Zero Card are slowly affecting him.)

(To be continued)