Second chances

Hi there!

Because it's my B'day today: here is already another chapter!

Lot's of love!
Kipke

Chapter 13: Second chances

"You idiot!"

Gohan winced as her voice echoed through the classroom. He didn't understand what he'd done wrong, though he knew that the tone in her voice meant he was in serious trouble. When he dared to open his eyes, he saw Videl standing behind her desk with her hands slammed on the table, a very angry expression visible on her face. He swallowed slowly.

"Miss Satan! Well have I ever! That's no way to welcome your fellow student back. I'll see you in my office at the start of recess!" the principal said with disbelief.

Only then did Videl realize she'd said that out loud for the whole class to hear. Shocked by her own reaction, she immediately sat back in her seat. "Sorry sir, I didn't mean to!" she apologized and looked with embarrassment at her table.

"Well, without further ado, Mr. Son, go ahead."

Gohan nodded at the principal and stepped forward, still a little nervous about Videl's outburst. He cleared his throat. "As you may know, I went missing for a while, and I'm sorry if any of you worried about this. Apparently I've been mugged and drugged and I have no conscious memories of what happened, so I can't answer any questions. I'm fine given the circumstances, but I want to ask you to give me some space, because I'm not fully recovered yet. That's all I wanted to share," saying what Bulma told him to say. Then Gohan turned to the principal and waited for his approval to go to his seat.

"Thank you for sharing your story with us and doing things at your own pace. All the teachers are aware of your situation so don't hesitate to go to the infirmary if you're not feeling well."

"Thank you sir," said Gohan, bowing slightly in gratitude, then walking up the stairs to his usual seat.

When he was within earshot, Sharpener greeted him with a big grin on his face, "Missing school already? You really are a nerd, aren't you Gohan?"

Gohan looked surprised at the blond jock. Sharpener had never used his real name before. But he couldn't think about it for long as a cry of happiness escaped Erasa's lips as she began to hug him. "Oh, we've missed you so much! You've got us all worried. Never do that ever again!"

"Are you deaf? Gohan has clearly asked everyone to give him some space, that doesn't mean you should hug him to death," Videl snapped at the bubbly blond.

"Wow, easy there, sour puss! Did someone get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?" Erasa let go of Gohan and looked stunned at her best friend's reaction.

A slight blush appeared on her face. Why did her blond friend always have to be so spot on when it came to her feelings? This morning's luscious dreams were indeed the reason why she was now so irritated. She didn't want to have such thoughts, not in the slightest. And it was all because of him. "And you, why are you even here? You couldn't get out of bed properly yesterday," Videl continued towards Gohan, ignoring Erasa. "And now you look like nothing has even happened."

"Someone had to bring you your stuff," the confused boy said carefully, sliding her backpack toward her under the desks. "I figured you'd want your phone and jet copter back." Videl's eyes grew in surprise. She hadn't expected that answer. "Also," Gohan continued, "give me two hours, and you can mop me off the floor. I've just had a healing session, but that doesn't last long I'm afraid."