mint

your best friend had bought you candies again.

you just blinked, and she suddenly came into your room with a bag full of candies for the both of you to consume. different kinds of flavors she thought you might like. at least she had the decency of being thoughtful of your preferences.

the candies were scattered around on your duvet, the colors of the wrapper indicates the flavors. some weren't fruits.

your best friend had already started eating, encouraging you to pick whatever you like. or don't pick, all she cares about is you eating what she buys.

you rolled your eyes, scoffing softly. you love and hate her sometimes.

you mindlessly let your fingers wander while your eyes were glued to your book. what you were reading was getting entertaining rather than eating a bunch of cavity-causing candies.

your fingers picked a nothing-of-particular shaped candy, unwrapping it then putting it in your mouth for the flavor to melt and dissipate.

..it tastes kinda spicy and cold.

.

you pulled away, his lips left a lingering strong minty taste on your mouth. you envisioned of him eating a bunch of mints before kissing you, desperately wanting his first kiss impression to be good. you giggled to yourself at the thought. he's cute.

"..what?" he laughs as he asked, looking down at you.

"nothing, hand me one of those mints too."

.

"hey, are you addicted to eating mint?" you ask out of curiosity, looking at him from your computer. his lovesick expression contorts into confusion.

"no.. why?"

"well because everytime we kiss, i always taste mint after. is it your toothpaste?" you ask after potentially getting the answer.

he chuckles, resting his chin on his palm as he gets back on his favorite hobby: staring at you all day. "yeah, just my toothpaste."

you smile. "figures." then you look back at your laptop.

.

his mouth burned against yours.

it hurts.

"don't leave," he whispered against your lips, his left hand pressing against the back of your head and his right just at your waist to limit your struggling. he's not letting you go, he's not-

"don't leave me y/n." he kisses you and kisses you and kisses you until you can't get enough of him. "don't leave- don't leave everything behind." his hot breath pricked your cheeks. "don't leave me behind."

his voice cracked, burned against his throat just as his lips burned against yours.

you thought you could just peacefully break up with him, but you couldn't.

you wanted to end things with him with no conflict.

.

you spit the candy out of your mouth and your best friend flinched out of surprise.

this familiar, disgusting taste lingers in your mouth.

"woah, you good y/n? you don't like it?"

you threw the candy into the trash, harshly glaring at it and going back to your bed.

"i hate it. tastes like trash."

you weren't exaggerating.