Taking a moment to collect herself, Jediya replied, "Yeah, I'm okay, Jay. It was just a really vivid nightmare about our parents fighting."

     She continued, her voice softening, "I've been plagued by nightmares of our parents' fights for years, but this one felt so real. Thanks for being here," she said, wrapping her arms around Jayla in a tight hug.

     Rising from her bed, Jediya made her way to the bathroom for a quick shower, her mind already racing through her plans for the day. It was Friday, and she needed to prepare for the yacht party that evening.

     After showering, the steam seemed to cleanse not only Jediya's body but also her mind of the remnants of her haunting dream, although its shadows lingered. She stood before the bathroom mirror wrapped in a towel, confronting the reflection of a young woman who had been forced to grow up too quickly. The anticipation for the yacht party momentarily receded as darker memories stirred from her nightmare.

     The dream was a vivid replay of their darkest days, with their father, Marcus, at the center of the storm. Marcus was a feared drug lord whose presence in their home had been synonymous with fear and volatility. Jediya remembered the nights filled with shouting, the sound of objects being thrown, and the silent, tear-streaked face of her mother, Angela, who had borne the brunt of Marcus's fury. Jediya was haunted not only by the violence but also by the unpredictable oscillation between affection and terror, which left deep emotional scars.

     Jediya's day transitioned from introspection to purposeful action as she prepared for a different kind of performance. Today, she wasn't gearing up for a public display but for a private rehearsal at the place she worked, known colloquially as 'The Office.' Dressed in attire that balanced functionality with a touch of allure, she approached her practice with serious intent and the desire to push her boundaries.

     Jediya's journey to 'The Office' was a solitary one, marked by her independence and control in every aspect of her life. She navigated the quiet streets with the same precision and grace she applied to her dance, seated behind the wheel of a sleek BMW. The car mirrored the persona she adopted at work: commanding, confident, and self-reliant. Driving herself to the strip club during off-hours was a routine that allowed her to practice her performances without an audience. This provided her with the privacy and space she needed to perfect her craft.

     The drive served as a bridge between her personal and professional worlds, allowing her thoughts to shift from the mundane to the artistic. With each turn, she moved closer to 'The Office,' her anticipation building not for the applause of a crowd but for the opportunity to explore and expand her repertoire in the privacy of the familiar stage.

     Upon arriving at the strip club, Diya noticed an unusual silence replacing the usual Friday night bustle. From the tender age of ten, dance had evolved into her refuge, a beautiful escape from the chaos of a home life that offered little encouragement for her artistic aspirations, let alone financial support from her disinterested parents.

     During a difficult time in her life, Diya found support in her dance instructor, Mrs. Leah. Mrs. Leah not only taught Diya how to dance, but also acted as a mentor and provided unconditional support. She even waived Diya's class fees and paid for her dance equipment and competition entries, recognizing Diya's passion and potential. This act of generosity was not solely financial, but also an investment in Diya's future. It instilled in her a profound belief in her own worth and talent during a time when encouragement was scarce.

     The unexpected and tragic death of Mrs. Leah in a car accident during Diya's final year of middle school was a devastating event. The absence left by her untimely departure was profound, a gaping wound in Diya's heart that struggled to heal. Mrs. Leah's influence on Diya's life extended far beyond the dance studio; she had been a source of inspiration, a testament to the power of nurturing someone's potential against all odds. As Diya continued to dance, each move was a tribute to the legacy of the woman who believed in her when no one else did. She had become a resilient individual, determined to honor her memory through every decision she made.