Chapter 20- Aftermath

Abrariel snuggled against Raziel. The Angel had fallen asleep holding Abrariel like a large teddy bear; Abrariel didn't mind. He was going over the story Raziel had told him a few hours ago. It was tragic but he understood why Raziel was so stressed now; Abrariel was around the same point in his pregnancy as Raziel had been three years ago, when he had lost his baby. Raziel was working hard to make sure that Abrariel didn't meet a similar fate.

The whole thing made Abrariel feel more like a burden, but he knew Raziel didn't see it like that. All Raziel cared about was giving his son support at the cost of his mental state, and Raziel wouldn't say anything against it.

"Father, are you awake?" Abrariel asked, tipping his head back to look at the sleeping Angel.

Right now, Raziel resembled every Angel statue that Abrariel had ever seen. His face was smoothed of all emotion, face innocent, and his mouth was formed into a slight frown. As much as Abrariel didn't want to wake Raziel, he had to eat. Hunger would make him restless, and he didn't want to think what might happen if he didn't eat in time.

Raziel stirred and slowly opened his eyes, he still looked and sounded half asleep when he spoke. "Oh, Abrariel. I'm sorry" he let go of Abrariel, "how long was I asleep?"

"Three hours, maybe more. It's almost dawn," Abrariel murmured, he sat up and stretched his arms up above his head.

"I'm sorry. You must be hungry by now," Raziel said softly, "go and eat," he sat up as well and rubbed his eyes of sleep, along with the few still lingering tears on his face.

"What about you?" Abrariel asked as he stood up and looked at Raziel, he placed a hand on his swollen belly absently.

"I will be alright. I'm going to go to bed. You should too," he met Abrariel's worried eyes, "trust me, Abrariel, I will be fine. Telling you my story helped me a great deal," Raziel reassured him with a smile.

Abrariel gave in. "If I hear crying, I'm coming in," he muttered as he headed to the kitchen.

The kitchen was lit dimly by moon light, bleaching everything of colour. Abrariel headed over the silver fridge and opened it, revealing the bottles of blood in the bottle holder on the inside of the door. Raziel had had to stock up on more blood than normal to suffice for Abrariel and the growing baby he had inside him. Abrariel still felt guilty about the whole thing, but he knew Raziel didn't care.

Abrariel took one of the glass bottles and shut the fridge door. The crimson liquid shined faintly in the moonlight. He sat down at the island bench and started on his meal. As he fed, he looked out the window; he could see wheat waving in the stiff breeze, and Midnight Angels slowly coming down to land as the sky got bright with dawn. Home. Heaven was his home now; soon it would be his baby's home too.

He finished his meal and slipped off the stool and quietly left the kitchen. As he went up the dark hallway, he stopped by Raziel's white-painted door and listened. He could hear no sound of crying, just steady breathing. Abrariel continued down the hall to his room. When he got there, he looked towards the end of the hall. Telantes's door was shut firmly. Abrariel thought he would go and buy Telantes something the next night. Maybe a new shirt to replace the ragged one the Demon always wore. Abrariel had the money, and he was sure Telantes would appreciate it. He smiled as he slipped inside his room and softly shut his door.

*

Raziel sat on his soft, single bed. The blue covers were pulled back, ready for him to get in and sleep. But for now, Raziel wasn't tired. He held the wood framed maternity photo of him and his past mate in his hands, there was a small, soft leather box sitting next to him. It looked navy blue in the early morning light. The box was open and inside on a soft bed of silk, was a golden engagement ring. Mina had never been able to receive it, and now it was destined for another Angel, one who made Raziel very happy and content, one who didn't judge him like the other Angels of Heaven.

Jorden. Maybe one day, we will be posing for one of these... Raziel thought, and I know it will have a happier ending... he smiled at the thought before he put the photo back in his bedside draw and shut the lid of the box, hopeful about the future.

*

Telantes woke slowly as the early sunlight filled the room with its harsh orange glow. He sat up, yawned, and stretched. He frowned as he looked around the plain room. There was his bed facing the painted door, a bookcase on the wall to his right, and on his left, what looked like a pile of blankets.

He threw the light blue covers off him and slipped out of bed. He didn't wince as his bare feet met the cold wooden floor of his room. He walked over to the blankets, throwing his copper hair over his shoulders and drew the blankets off and sat down.

In front of him was a small and hastily made desk. It was made of old, discarded cardboard boxes and planks of wood. On it was a device that looked like a needle but was a lot sharper than that. There were two long points and two glass tubes, it glinted like a razer in the sunlight.

A deadly weapon.

It could hold a poison that could boil the blood to evaporation. Demon poison. The wound the two sharp points would inflict would look like a Vampire bite. There was no way for Abrariel to weasel out of this.

He deserves what he is going, to get Telantes thought bitterly.

Slowly, Telantes stood from the makeshift desk. with his plan almost complete, all he had to do was chose the time, the place, and the Angel. Telantes felt no symphony for the Angel whose fate he was deciding. He hardly cared about Angels in general, it came from how Demons were raised. Thanks to Satan really.

Telantes opened his door and walked down the hallway, his bare feet flopping softly on the polished wood floor. When he entered the kitchen, he saw Raziel by the stove, frying something in a pan, he turned as Telantes entered, his green eyes were bright.

"Eggs and bacon?" Raziel asked, smiling brightly, his wings were folded behind his back.

"No thanks. Just toast and jam," Telantes replied, there was no emotion in his voice, and he didn't return the smile.

Raziel's face fell, and the light slowly died from his eyes. "Right. I will be on it in a minute," he sounded hurt and Telantes didn't even feel bad.

Telantes could use Raziel... but as much as he wanted too, he couldn't. He owed his life to the Angel; he couldn't just kill him. Telantes watched as Raziel finished frying the bacon and eggs and got to work on the toast. Raziel didn't say anything, his shoulders were slumped, and his wings were slack, tell tail signs that his feelings were hurt. clearly, he had been hoping Telantes would have had something more substantial, he had even made it up for him... only to have it rejected. Telantes knew that must hurt. And he didn't care.

Raziel placed the plate of sweet-smelling toast in front of Telantes with a soft clink before he moved to make up a plate of bacon of eggs. One plate of two. He still looked the picture of misery, and he didn't say anything as he started to eat his breakfast. That was how Telantes preferred him. Quiet.

Telantes finished his breakfast quickly and slipped silently out of the kitchen, leaving Raziel looking moanfully after him. he headed back up the hallway to his now-sunlit room. He had to finish his devise... Then the real planning could begin!