Approaching the restaurant, you could feel your heart beating out of your chest, your eyes focused on the girl who stood outside waiting for you.

Jennie was wearing a dark green dress, the dark tones shaped her body, making her look like a tall, seducing Greek goddess. You hung your head low at the sight of her, once again, you felt utterly stood up by her, there was no way you could ever compare to the beauty she held.

As Jennie noticed you, you could see a small smile forming on her lips, her cheeks turned pink as you gave her a nod of greeting.

'Y-you look beautiful tonight,' Jennie stuttered out as you stood there awkwardly in front of her.

'Thanks' you replied, you were so unsure of what to say, terrified you would say the wrong thing.

'Do you want to go in? Its late, you must be hungry'

'Yeah'

You sat in a table for two near the huge windows, the outside was dark yet you were still able to see the rolling waves of the ocean.

You scanned the menu with concentrated eyes as a waiter poured you some wine. Out of the corner of your eye, you could see Jennie in front of you. She hadn't even taken a look at her menu yet, but instead, she seemed to be observing you. You couldn't recall a second where Jennie hadn't had her eyes on you since you got here.

'This is expensive,' you commented, trying to make conversation to break the tension.

'You're funny,' Jennie laughed quietly. 'You act like we don't have enough money to buy this restaurant. This is nothing.'

'Right'

'I'm paying though, let me treat you for once' she blushed as you sipped on your drink, maybe once you had something in you system this wouldn't feel so awkward 'so how have you been?'

'Good.' you replied nodding your head, you weren't really sure what to reply to that, you couldn't exactly say that you'd been missing her every second of everyday while trying to cope with the stress of running a company. 'Ive been how I've always been'

'I'm glad to hear that, I thought things would have been tough with your dad and our divorce-'

'My therapy has been going well, i've been coping better'

'Wow, I'm uh proud of you, it makes me happy to hear you are'

Not really you thought to yourself 'so how about you?'

'I've been busy with work, things have been uneventful'

You took another long sip of your drink, trying to build up the courage to ask the question you desperately wanted to ask but knew you shouldn't.

'So, are you seeing anyone?' You blurted out, regret filling you the second it left your lips.

'Y/n...' Jennie sighed, knowing that it was a question that could have been left unsaid.

'Sorry.'

'But no, I'm single,' you noticed Jennie take a long sip of her drink before beckoning the waiter over for more, 'there have been a few girls, but nothing stuck. It didn't really feel right.'

'I'm sorry about that.'

'Don't be, I'm glad they didn't work out. It made me realize a few things.'

'That you're the problem?' You raised your eyebrows jokingly.

'No,' Jennie laughed, 'and don't act like you weren't as bad as I was.'

'I'm glad we can talk like this,' you blushed happily. You forgot how much you loved being in her company. Usually, you preferred being alone, but with Jennie, it was different.