Twenty

You stood looking at yourself in front of the mirror in the hotel room, straightening out your crimson red velvet dress and pushing some long diamond earrings into your almost closed-up piercing.

It had been a while since you had put care into your appearance. You still weren't sure if this was a good idea-going out for a meal with Jennie, the girl you still very much had feelings for. It could end in bad things, but you couldn't resist accepting the invitation.

Your head tried to tell you it wasn't a good idea when the words fell out of Jennie's mouth, but the second she batted those brown eyes of hers, all of those doubts got pushed back. You were really weak for that woman, and you didn't understand how anyone couldn't be.

'Y/n can I come in?' You heard Rosé's voice from outside your room. Before you could even answer back, she pushed open your door. 'You're a bit too dressed up for tonight. We're just going out to a small restaurant.'

You sighed in forgetfulness. You were meant to be having dinner with Rosé tonight.

'Oh, uh...' You thought of what to say. There was no way you were going to mention what you were actually doing tonight to Rosie. 'I forgot and made other plans. I'm so sorry.'

'Wait. Have you met someone?' Rosé smiled widely, walking over to you in excitement. 'You have, haven't you?'

'I guess so..'

'I'm so happy for you!' Rosé squealed loudly resting her head on your shoulder 'I knew you could do it! Wait, this is so exciting! Tell me all about her! No actually tell me after you've gone I want to hear every detail!'

'Mhm.'

'I'm so proud of you, this holiday is going to be great I can feel it, we need to go on double dates!'

'Don't get too excited.' you frowned, oh how Rosie would scream at her if she knew the truth.

'How can I not? You've been single for a while now, it's great you're putting yourself out there, so where are you going?'

'The expensive restaurant near the beach, the one that has a perfect view of the ocean'

'Ah thats so romantic! Why didn't you take me to places like that when we dated? I'm jealous'

'It was her idea, not mine'

'A girl of class, I love her already!'

'I think you're making this a bigger deal than it is.'

'Im just happy for you, it's a big step and not to mention you look stunning tonight, she is not going to be able to keep her hands off you.'

'I'm not sure thats exactly how its going to go'

'I'm going to leave you now so you can prepare yourself' Rosé's playful expression seemed to make you more nervous, you understood why Rosie seemed so excited but you couldn't bring yourself to feel that same rush 'I am so jealous of you! You're going to be having a romantic night out while I eat at a bland burger place with Lisa.'

'I'm sure you'll have fun'

'Probably' she sighed walking away 'but I want to hear all about it when you get back! Every detail!'

'Fine.'

Rosé shut the door behind you, and you felt brimming with nerves. The fact that you had to lie to her about who you were meeting tonight just consolidated that this wasn't the best idea. It was nearly eight pm, the time you were supposed to meet Jennie, you took in a deep breath and picked up your bag. You weren't ready, but you were going to pretend like you were.