Six

Your eyes fluttered open, your head was beating as you wondered where you were. Slightly sitting up you scanned the room- it was yours and Jennie's bedroom except a loud beeping sound was coming from a machine next to your bed, you had an IV rooted deep into your hand and heart monitor stickers on your chest, your confusion only grew as you had no idea how or why you got here.

'You're awake' You could make out Jennie's figure leaning against the doorframe, she sounded tired and you could see the dark circles underneath her eyes as she approached

'Whats uh going on?' You asked your voice weak as you tried to sit up further, Jennie sat down next to you on the bed putting her arms on your shoulder to stop you from sitting up too quick

'Don't strain yourself you're still weak' Jennie complained 'don't you remember? You passed out badly and hit your head when you fell, you got a bad concussion, the doctors did some blood work and you've got low iron and vitamins, they said this was all caused from you overworking yourself and stress'

'And whose fault is that?'

'I'm sorry, I take responsibility' Jennie sighed leaning back into the bed 'I was pissed at you and decided to abuse my power- I didn't realise it would end up like this, luckily it can be cured with simple meds and rest'

'Why am I not in the hospital?'

'I pulled some strings through connections and made it so you can stay at home, this bed is way comfier than the one at the hospital, a nurse comes to check on you every hour'

'You didn't need to do that'

'I wanted to, I'm the reason you're ill in the first place I want to make it up to you'

'You make it sound like I'm dying, I'll be out of this bed and back to work in no time, I still have documents from the hotel project to complete'

'The hotel project? Y/n you quit right before you passed out'

'I did?'

'Yeah you told me I was shitty, that you quit and that you wanted a d-'

'I wanted what?'

'A drink. You wanted a drink' You noticed the look on Jennie's face, she looked disturbed but you couldn't tell if it was from guilt or something else

'The concussion must have really fucked with my brain' You yawned 'but I must have not been thinking straight that night, I want back on the hotel project only if you treat us as equals rather than giving me all the work'

'Deal but lets not talk about work, stress isn't good for you right now'

'Im not that fragile, you don't have to avoid topics, I mean work is the only thing we have in common but I am tired'

'Go back to sleep, you need as much rest as possible'

'Sure but when I wake up I want food, I'm so hungry'

'Fine, its my turn to be your slave'

'Mhm I like the sound of that' You rested your head back on the pillow and fell easily back into sleep.

_______________________

Jennie sat reading her book as she watched you sleep out of the corner of her eye, Jennie liked it when you slept, you were so peaceful and quiet unlike when you were awake. Before she had passed out, at night times you would always unknowingly cuddle up to Jennie in your sleep, she had woken up and caught you a few times, hoping Jennie wouldn't notice but Jennie knew better than anyone that it was happening, she just never said anything because she didn't want it to stop, she knew she was using you to fill the void of not being in a proper relationship and the nighttimes gave her the physical contact she craved- even if it was with one of the people she hated the most of the world although she would be lying if she said she didn't have a soft spot for sleeping Y/n.