Twelve

You felt like there was something wrong in the air the past week, ever since you and Jennie had kissed again things had been different, it was like the other one didn’t exist.

Your weeks went on like normal just you had barely spoke because you both knew the implications of talking to each other, its not like you avoided Jennie, it was just that you tried your best to take no notice of her.

You went to bed every night facing away and you both sat in silence every morning eating breakfast. The last thing you wanted to do was lose control again.

Every night your dreams were filled with that evening, your mind grasped at the feeling of Jennie’s lips against yours, trying desperately to make up for the fact the second you got what you wanted it was gone again. Every time you looked at Jennie your mind couldn’t help but wander back to that night, its not like you wanted to imagine what would have happened if Jennie let down her walls but thats all that played on your brain, you’d do anything to hear her say she loved you again.

You shut your eyes as you leant back into the couch, you fiddled with your wedding ring as you let yourself get lost in the silence of your penthouse.

It was around midday and the sunlight from the windows warmed your skin, you had Chaeyoung’s bachelorette tonight so you decided to take the day off, you needed to charge up before the long night of social interaction.

You kept your eyes shut as you heard the door open, continuing to enjoy the feeling of the sun on your skin.

‘You’re home early’ You stated bluntly, not even turning your head as you heard Jennie sigh loudly, thats probably the first thing you’ve said to Jennie in days

‘I got off early today’ Jennie replied as she sat down next to you

‘You make your own hours, so I might as well ask why are you home early?’ you opened your eyes and saw Jennie waving two brightly coloured piece of paper in front of her face ‘whats that?’

‘A client gifted me two gift cards to the new ramen place down the street, I thought we could have lunch today and catch up’

‘Why do we need to catch up we live together?’ You frowned, you still didn’t want to be around Jennie, it was too much for your brain to handle ‘I thought you didn’t like having lunch with me since last time I tried I got rudely sent away’

‘You’re still mad about that?’ Jennie smiled quietly, she lent back into the couch with a loud groan ’to be honest Y/n I’ve realised you’re the only friend I have left, my two childhood best friends recently moved out of the city and adopted a dog, they rarely call me anymore. If I could invite someone else I would’

‘Who said we’re friends?’

‘I-oh I just thought-‘ Jennie’s face looked stuck and shocked at your comment.

‘Im just messing with you’ You laughed standing up ‘lets go eat some noodles, the look on your face just there was hilarious’

‘I hate you’

‘I know’ You sighed, you were going to have to try and push your feelings down for an hour, you were going to have to try and not make things weird again.

After a short walk down the street, you got to the restaurant, you kept your hands firmly in your pocket during the journey, you were tempted to grab Jennie’s hand as you watched it move gently next to her, you felt like an uncomfortable teenage boy on a first date, wondering whether you should grab her hand or not but in your case the answer was obviously no. You scolded your brain for thinking romantically about this, this wasn’t a date, it was just a lunch between slightly awkward friends.