Four

The next morning you woke up on time, today was an important business day for you, you were going to start shadowing your dad and begin the transition into the CEO of Jung designs. You opened your eyes and stretched out wide, sitting up slowly you scanned your room, you looked down in anger as the moment of sleep confusion wore off and you realised you weren’t in your own familiar bed but the one in your new shared apartment. The bed next to you was empty, Jennie must be the type of person to wake up early instead of trying to get as much sleep as possible- she really was suited for her work.

You wandered out of the room and into the living space, there you saw Jennie dressed in her work suit yawning and she poured herself a cup of coffee- she looked awful. Her hair was out of place and messy, deep bags under her eyes, a scowl appeared on her face as she saw you.

‘Did anyone ever tell you you’re an insufferable bitch when you sleep as well as you’re awake?’ She spat

‘Fucking hell Jennie I’ve just woken up and you’re already attacking me’ You yawned, not in the mood for an argument ‘I’m just going to get some toast then I’ll be out of your way I promise’

‘I had to sleep on the couch last night, it wasn’t comfortable or pleasant’

‘And thats my issue because?’

‘Because you wouldn’t stop rolling over to my side and kicking me, when I pushed you away all you did was steal the covers and roll back over’

‘I cant control what I do when I sleep’

‘Maybe if you didn’t drink so much last night you wouldn’t be so annoyingly restless, I think I have bruises on my legs from your kicking’

‘Good.’ You frowned fed up ‘I wouldn’t of been drinking much last night if I didn’t have a miserable life where I’m married to you’

‘Whatever’ Jennie gave up ‘I have a very important business deal today so I need to leave, see you later Y/n’

You watched as Jennie angrily walked out of the door, by Jennie’s expression you could tell that not even coffee could save her tired irritation, you felt sorry for the poor soul who was going to have to deal with her today, although to the outside world Jennie was as sweet as an apple pie.

You basked in the sound of the door shutting, you were finally alone with no Jennie around to suffocate you. You kicked your feet up as you sat on the couch watching TV as you ate your breakfast. This was certainly a different life than you were used to, usually a chef would prepare you breakfast while you were still sleeping, You weren’t sure if you liked this new self sufficient life yet but it was all the beginning of the life your dad had set out for you, all you needed to do was follow in the footsteps he had printed out.

You stood in front of your mirror, your new suit was well fitted but itchy, you knew you needed to look neat and in control for your first day on the job, you needed to leave a print of your work ethic but you silently wished it wasn’t so strict, you never really liked all the rules but when it was your company maybe you could change that, I mean it was partly a fashion company so why shouldn’t the dress code reflect that?

Ever since you were a little girl you had been excited to take over the company, it was a rite of passage for all of the eldest children in your family and today it was finally starting, while you’ve never been extremely interested in design and architecture you liked to be in control, the idea of you being in charge of such a worldwide business made you happy, despite how bad you felt your life was right now you knew you had a good life, Jennie was just a stop along the way, when you were finally free you could be happy, happy with your business and happy with Rosie- you would never have to even think of Jennie again.