Thirteen

You woke up to the familiar feeling of the sheets wrapped around you, you turned over expecting to see Jennie next to you, you wanted to feel the feeling of her arms wrapped around you, the same way you did when falling asleep but she was gone, the bed next to you was empty.

Your head was still throbbing from the hangover but your nausea had cleared, the amicable warmth of the bed had helped the unrest of your mind.

With the sheets still wrapped around you, you walked out into the main room, the penthouse seemed different with the tension still in the air from yesterday, you couldn't even picture what happened in your head without the dizziness coming back. You weren't sure what to make of the argument, you didn't know what Jennie was feeling nor did you know how you yourself were feeling.

You froze as a familiar figure came out of the kitchen and you both locked eyes.

Jennie looked pale and drained, you both stood there for a while just looking at each other, unsure what to say, unsure how to break the silence.

'I made you breakfast' Jennie muttered, holding out the plate of eggs in her hands 'I remember you telling me you liked eggs'

'Thanks' you replied awkwardly taking the plate and sitting down at the table as Jennie sat opposite you, fidgeting with her hands.

'We need to talk about yesterday' she sighed as you slowly ate, you weren't in the mood for food right now but anything to act like you were unbothered 'I'm sorry for everything I did, I understand why you got so upset'

'Thats not an excuse for the things I said to you' you put your food down and looked up at Jennie who had rubbed her hands raw with stress, You reached your hand out and put it onto of Jennie's; stopping her from making them even more red 'sure I felt that you were unlovable and conceited when we first met but I don't think that anymore'

'You were right though, you would be happier if we never got married'

'Thats not true, although you've made me absolutely miserable' you laughed awkwardly 'I've never felt so happy having someone like you in my life'

'But I ruined everything with Chaeyoung

'I realise now that although I love Rosie, we're not meant to be. If I truly loved her you wouldn't have even been a choice'

'You're right'

'I still love you Jennie' you admitted reluctantly, it still felt strange being so open about how you felt, usually this was something you would shy away from, all of this emotion was new to you, honestly it made you feel queasy 'but I understand you don't feel the same way and its time for me to move on, its not fair on both of us for me to keep trying to pursue it, I hope we at least can be friends'

'Yeah, friends' Jennie sighed with a sad look in her eyes, at least everything was now calm and sorted out, the communication would finally clear the air between you two and stop this awful anger. 'Do you want some eggs?'

'Sure'

You both ate in silence, things still seemed weird but at least you knew where you both stood. It was going to kill you knowing this thing between you both was finally over but you wouldn't have to deal with being lead on and unclear feelings anymore, you were going to get over her no matter how hard it might be.

As you finished off the food that Jennie had prepared you heard your phone go off, the ringing made your head hurt even more.

'Sorry I need to take this' You apologised as you saw the person calling you was your dad, part of you was happy this awkward encounter was done 'hello?'