Chapter 44: The END (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

I nodded and placed my hand over his which was resting on my shoulders, to assure him that I got this. With a soft blink his warmth left in a second and with a  nod towards the officer he ran inside the room.

When the door creaked open, I stepped back and it took all my being to look away and not try to take a curious glance.

With a deep breath I ran my hand through my hair, the soft layers slipping through my fingers while walking towards the nearest bench and taking a seat, far away from the troubled, last room.

I crossed my legs and placed my face into my hands. All kind of thoughts were racing through my mind, in between them the eyes of the man behind the door.
Once the source of warmth turned into the bloodiest betrayal.

Eyes, that I haven't seen for many years, but I knew I would always recognize them. That's the thing with memories, you think you can erase them, but once triggered, they will play like a movie in front of you.

His scream echoed again and I flinched on my seat in shock. I lifted my head and sat up straight while looking at a blank spot on the wall across from me.

I was once in the exact same position as him, screaming, crying and throwing things around like a maniac. They betrayed me and hurt me beyond repair and yet I was the one sitting outside today.

I shut my eyes at another scream, I couldn't understand what made him behave this way.
There was a question burning in my head, a question that kept the nation on their toes, which's answer was screaming behind the shut door.

What happened to him after that night?

The screams suddenly silenced and I looked at the Officer who met my eyes before the door finally opened after what seemed like hours of waiting and enduring the screams.

Dr.Kim stepped out and I immediately stood up and walked towards him. My heels were loud but nothing compared to the beating drums of my racing heart against my chest. I suddenly felt 18 all over again.

Dr.Kim's attire looked disheveled and I gulped, sensing the anxiety creeping in I closed the last gap and met him. Dr. Kim ran a hand over his face before looking at me with eyes full of worry that pained my heart.

"I'm sorry Y/N for making you wait and listen to all of that" He said while placing his fists on his hips and taking a deep breath.

"It's fine Doctor, I'm good but seeing you like this makes me more worried." I said with a nervous glance at the shut door.

"He had a panic attack" He explained and my eyes met his. "They can't calm him down and his body is refusing the IVF." He pinched the bridge of his nose and my heart broke at the sight of him.

"Will you tell me what has happened to him?" I asked and his arm fell weekly on his side. I gulped with worry while tilting my head to the side.

"I will but I want you to see him first." He said and caressed my hair. I blinked but then I nodded and leaned into his fatherly touch on my head. If there's a single man on this earth I could trust, it was him. There was a reason, only he knew to make me wait for the answers that were burning my head but I chose to wait and see what'll unravel behind those shut doors.

"Okay, I'm ready" I said with determination and he gave me an exhausted smile. "Are you sure?" He asked with his worried tone.

"The Taehyung behind these doors, is nothing like the one you remember. What you're going to see, is capable and grotesque enough to break anyone at the plain sight of him. Are you sure you're ready Y/N? Because if you hesitate, I'll end this whole visiting here and now." His index was pointing towards me and I smiled because he was underestimating me.