Chapter 5: Reversed

"Deep Vengeance is the daughter of deep silence."

-Vittorio Alfieri

I lit my cigarette before taking a drag on it and pushing the smoke out of my lungs, my muscles started to relax while quietly watching the smoke fade as I flicked off the burnt ashes of the cigarette between my index and middle finger

I felt his dark eyes piercing through my soul while sitting next to me, I sighed turned my neck towards him and met his intense eyes.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" I asked curiously while taking another drag on my cigarette and inhaling the smoke before removing it from my mouth and exhaling it slowly.

"Why do you smoke?" He asked deeply without even listening to my question and placed his hand under his chin and almost started studying the cigarette between my index and middle finger which had my lipstick stain on it.

"Don't answer my question with another question" I rolled my eyes while flicking the burnt ashes off the cigarette and placed it again between my lips to take another drag on it while his eyes were still glued on the cigarette, making me uneasy because the cigarette was no longer between my fingers but between my red lips.

I exhaled the smoke before sighing annoyedly, remembering how he destroyed the whole fun I had planned for today. Her stupid grin flashed in front of my eyes, her words started ringing in my head again but suddenly he grabbed the cigarette from my fingers, smudged the lipstick stain on it with his thumb before throwing it away into the bushes.

My eyes widened while watching him throw it away. This asshole has really balls made of steel to mess with me.

"It was my fucking last one you-" I angrily raised my voice at him, but he interrupted me by bursting into laughter.

I stared at him in disbelief but the longer I watched him genuinely laughing the more I felt the blood freezing inside my veins.

The sound of his deep and genuine laugh that sounded even deeper compared to when he speaks made me feel uneasy and awkward. It was a sound I wasn't used to hear but it made my chest rose and fall.

How could a laugh make me forget my temper when nothing else was capable to do so? I tilted my head to the side while watching him quietly throw his head back and his eyes disappear into a curve.

He slowly calmed down from his laughter and turned his head to the side, meeting my frown face.

What the fuck is wrong with him?!

"May I ask why you hate her so much?" He asked calmly, I lifted my head and met his warm eyes once again.

"Don't you think you you are too curious and mannerless as a stranger who just destroyed my fucking day?!" I tried to stay calm but his annoying questions wasn't making it easier for me.

"Nah, I don't think so" He shrugged while a little smile appeared on his heart shaped lips.

This motherfucker...

Suddenly the school bell rang loudly and made me flinch while a deep chuckle escaped his scarlet lips.
Confused I bit on my lips while his chuckle filled my ears, how can he laugh so recklessly and be happy without a damn reason? I have seen tons of sick people but this one was new to me.

"I'm Taehyung, Kim Taehyung" He pulled out his large hand while lifting the corners of his lips.

Taehyung

There was an unspoken warm tone behind his name which caused a shiver run down my spine as I let his name melt on my tongue. I looked down at his slender fingers, the large hand which held my wrist and stopped me from slapping Soyeon.

"Y/n" I said while placing my hand inside his large hand which's slender fingers wrapped around my hand, filling my body with an unfamiliar sensation that made me frown.

I immediately pulled my hand out of his while still feeling the little tingles inside my palm.

"I guess now I'm a little less of a stranger, right?" His smile widened but when his eyes fell on the red lipstick stain on his thumb, his eyes darkened and his warm smile got replaced by a sudden smirk while tilting his head to the side and stroking his thumb over his index.

He is finally here 🤤

Any guesses about his character?