Seeing Your Dad Daryl Again (Part 3)

Start from the beginning

You both ran for a while until Carl slowed down and went to a speed walk. You had no idea where you were, and you didn't think that he did either.

"Carl, why did you do that?!" You asked. "We could've taken that herd! It wasn't that many!" You said running a hand through your hair.

"Did you not see how many there were? Are you blind?!" He yelled back.

"What, you don't think I'm capable?! Is that it? 'Cause I'm pretty sure I'm capable."

"I was protecting you! I'm your boyfriend, it's my job." He yelled walking to you, your back hitting the tree behind you. Carl was inches from you.

He leaned in to kiss you until a noise behind him made him stop. He turned around and pulled out his gun, walking over to it, moulting for you to stay where you were. He walked behind another tree and disappeared.

You stayed where you were, your hand on your crossbow. You stayed alert, keeping your back against the tree. You saw a figure in the distance, thinking it was someone you knew you stepped away from the tree. Bad choice.

Someone grabbed you from behind, putting a hand over your mouth and twisting your hands behind your back making you drop your crossbow.

"Where is that asshole?" You heard your dad say in the distance.

"Scream and I'll kill you." The man said, breathing hot air on your neck.

Carl emerged from the treeline with your dad and Rick. They saw you and they all pulled out their weapons.

The man aimed his gun at your dad, "Give me everything you have and I'll keep the girl. Then you three can go in peace.

Rick and your dad put their hands up but Carl kept the gun aimed at the man.

Your dad tried to shoot the man with his crossbow but the man shot him in the leg, making you scream out. Tears coming down your face.

You dad was on the ground holding his leg, trying to stop the bleeding. Rick put his gun down trying to get the man to leave without having to kill him.

Carl kept his gun aimed at the man. "I'd put the gun down boy, or else your little friend here is getting a bullet in the head." He scoffed.

"She's my girlfriend bitch." Carl muttered as he shot the man straight in the head. Sending him falling to the ground.

You gasped for air, Carl rushing over to you and embracing you in a tight hug.

Your dad had wrapped his wound up in a bandana, stopping the bleeding. You went over to him and gave him a hug, never wanting to let go.

"I'm sorry." You cried.

"For what darlin'?" Your dad asked, holding you.

"For getting so mad at you, I never should have picked a fight with you." You said wiping your eyes.

He pulled away from you looking you in the eyes. "It's in our blood, Dixon's pick fights. It's what we do." He smiled wiping away one of your tears.

"What about your leg?" You asked.

"I'll fix it up once we get back." He said, Rick coming over to your dad and helping him up.

Carl gave you another hug, kissing you. "Oh, and Carl. Thank you. For saving Y/N's life. You showed me that young love can be possible, even in the apocalypse." Your dad said giving Carl a smile.

He returned it, as he held your hand. All four of you making your way back to Alexandria. Your dad may have a bullet hole in it. But hey, he's still alive.