Seeing Your Dad Daryl Again (Part 2)

(Taken Place at Alexandria.)

Word Count: 1181

~~~~You fell asleep while you were reading comics with Carl last night. You were so tired from everything that happened.

You woke up with Carl next to you, not such a bad sight to be honest. His hat was barely hanging on his head and his hair was a mess. As you got up you heard your dad downstairs, it was nice to wake up with him around again.

He smiled as you came down the stairs giving you a hug and a kiss on the top of your head.

"Mornin' darlin'."

"Mornin' dad." You smiled, everyone was talking and you decided to get to know everyone a bit better.

You sat down next to another boy looking a bit older than you. "I'm Noah by the way. If you wanted to know." He chuckled. "Sorry, I'm Y/N."

"I know, your dad won't stop talking about you." You both laughed.

"Carl seems into you." He raised an eyebrow. "Really?" You questioned, there was no denying it that you had a massive crush on him since you first saw him.

"Yep. Well, I'm pretty sure. He sends mixed signals though. But good luck trying to have a relationship with your dad always around. He seems pretty strict." Noah implied as you looked over to your dad, a serious look on his face again.

"Yeah, I know." You sighed.

You heard the upstairs bedroom door open and saw Carl come down the stairs, his hair still a mess. Sticking up in different directions every which way. You stifled a laugh.

He sat down at the table putting his head in his arms, you gave him a pat on the back. "Still tired?" You asked him as he chuckled.

"Yeah, after you fell asleep I couldn't stop reading. I stayed up super late."

"I crashed pretty early into the night." You added, laughing.

Everyone was going their separate ways, heading to work or just out of the house in general. Leaving, Carl, Rick, your dad, and you in the house.

You continued to laugh with Carl at the table, getting breakfast and eating with him. Learning about his childhood and you told him about yours, and what you did while you were on the run looking for your dad.

"So you were out there alone for years?" He asked, his eyes wide. "Sure was." You replied.

"Wow. I couldn't survive a year alone." He sighed.

"Sure you could, you're pretty tough." You said looking at him.

You two got lost in each-others eyes until your dad came over. "Y/N, wanna come outside with me for a minute?" He asked looking to Carl.

"Sure." You lightly said.

The two of you stepped outside and onto the porch your dad looked to you with a straight face. "What's up?" You asked. "Ya' know, I'm having second thoughts about letting you hang out with Carl." He said scratching the back of his head.