𝟬𝟭𝟮 sweater weather

Start from the beginning

"Looks like we're finally on speaking terms, huh?"

Eden let out a dry laugh. "I guess so." She replied, voice threatening to break. "Can't leave me alone, really?" Eden confidently spoke, closing her eyes as she waited for an answer.

Within seconds, she earned a reply. "I guess I can't." They said, voice sending chills down Eden's spine. "Glad you got the necklace back?"

"Fuck you." She growled, waiting for a horrid response. "You think you're so tough?" Eden laughed, shaking her head. "Cowards behind masks, fucker."

"Oh, so you want me to reveal myself? Show you who I am?" They taunted, laughing dryly. "Oh, sweet Eden, you aren't ready."

Eden's teeth gritted. "Did you kill her?" Eden asked, nibbling on her bottom lip.

The voice didn't reply. "Hm?"

"I'm talking about Anika. Did you kill Anika?" Eden asked, hands trembling.

A laugh. "And if I did?"

"Fuck you!" Eden cried out, shaking her head. "It's a yes or no answer, asshole! Did you fucking kill Anika Kayoko?" Eden shouted.

They went silent. "You don't get it, do you?" They laughed. "So immature, sweet Eden. You acted like everything was perfect when you were with her. You didn't seriously think that you could be happy?"

Eden felt her heart shatter. Anika was killed for no reason. None of it was fair. Life wasn't fair. The one person Eden could count on, was dead. And it was all her fault. All her fault.

"No," Eden sobbed. "You—"

"Ah, the look on your face."

Abruptly, the call ended.

And she finally could breathe. She didn't feel like her walls were getting closer. Eden could finally breathe again. She finally felt free.

So, she felt brave when she picked up her phone.

Eden
Can you please come over?
READ 9:34 PM.

EdenCan you please come over?READ 9:34 PM

SILENCE. Eden sat in silence, waiting for a knock on her door. She was possibly getting her hopes up. She's waiting by the door like a little kid. Because Eden doesn't know any better. She's just a silly girl. A silly girl who wanted him to come back.

It's safe to say, she didn't expect the knock.

"Eden?" The voice knocked once more, hushed and soothing. A voice that could put her to sleep. His voice. "I— I got your text."

She stood by the door, back pressed against it, while Ethan Landry's is propped against the outside of the door, his head lifted up slightly. On the other side of the door, Ethan Landry is waiting. It's like he'll always wait. Any sign from Eden is enough for him to wait.