𝟬𝟬𝟬 prologue

EXILE,
prologue.

THE KIRSCH FAMILY WAS SILENT. Wayne Kirsch was staring at the phone, jaw snapped shut. If Quinn Kirsch or Ethan Kirsch spoke up, Wayne would probably scream. So the two siblings fidgeted with their clothing pieces, anxiously waiting for their father to speak up.

Wayne set the phone down on the counter, before letting out a gasp. "My Richie-" Wayne clasped his hand over his mouth, face completely pale. He looked completely shocked. Ethan looked down, avoiding his father's angry gaze. "My Richie," Wayne sobbed into his hands. "He's dead."

Ethan felt his throat close up. Quinn looked heartbroken as she clasped her eyes shut. The entire Kirsch family was silent while Wayne angrily sobbed.

The youngest Kirsch sibling wanted to comfort his father. Ethan wanted to throw his arms around his dad and tell him that he was still here. Ethan was still alive and Wayne could fix his relationship with his youngest child.

"Dad," Ethan tried, glancing at his pale family members. "It's ok-"

"It's not, Ethan!" Wayne snapped, voice sending chills down Ethan's spine. "Look what they did to my boy!" Wayne sobbed, showing the family the picture.

Quinn immediately covered Ethan's eyes, trying her hardest to prevent her younger sibling from seeing that. "Don't look." She whispered quietly, making Ethan nod.

He still looked.

"She has to pay." Wayne cleared his throat. "Ethan, you know that girl in your friend group?" Wayne spoke, earning a nod from his son.

"Yeah, which one?" Ethan deadpanned.

"Samantha."

Quinn and Ethan nodded. "Why?" Quinn asked.

"She did this. And her minions sat and watched." Wayne informed his children. "The Miller girl shot him in the head, then killed Amber Freeman."

"Amber?" Quinn gaped. "Eden killed Amber?"

Ethan and Quinn had both met Amber at one point. She seemed different, but what did she have to do with Eden Miller? Eden was in Ethan's film class. They had been paired up for some type of movie project, which led to Ethan joining Eden's kind friend group.

He didn't know she was a murderer.

"Why?"

"Dated." Wayne mumbled. "She was the girl Richie hated. The crazy ex who wasn't over Amber."

Ethan didn't know Amber and Eden dated. Hell, Ethan didn't even know that Eden liked females. "She doesn't seem crazy." Ethan mumbled.

"Richie and Amber both tried to kill her." Wayne looked down, eyes closing. "Then she killed Amber."

"Wha-"

"Stabbed her through her eyes, burned her on a stove, then stabbed her through the mouth." Wayne said. "Then proceeded to stare at Samantha as Samantha stabbed Richie."

Quinn slightly gasped. Ethan shook his head.

"What the fuck," Quinn and Ethan said in unison, earning a nod from their father.

"They all have to pay." Wayne looked at his children. "We need to finish what Richie started. Kill them all."

"What?" Ethan retorted, mouth agape. "You want to kill all of my friend group? Dad, come on! I think they're starting to like me-"

"Ethan, don't be silly. You're just the only person who didn't know who they are. That girl lied straight to your face, son." Wayne said. "You can kill her. I know you and Amber had been friends."

True. Amber and Ethan were the same age, which made it easier for them to interact. They occasionally talked when Amber came over so Ethan would find an opportunity to talk to Amber about his future.

And Eden Miller killed her. That girl (who Ethan thought was harmless) killed Amber. Why not get revenge for both of the Woodsboro killers?

"Quinn, how about you?"

"I want to make them pay." Quinn spoke, a daring smirk placed along her lips.

Wayne tilted his head towards Ethan. "What about you? I'd be very proud of you, my boy." Wayne placed a hand on Ethan's firm shoulder.

His dad would be proud. Wayne would be proud of Ethan, not Richie. Ethan would finally have his father's validation.

"Yes," Ethan said, lips absentmindedly curling up into a bone-chilling smirk. "I'll kill Eden." Ethan spoke, eyes clouding over with nothing but hatred.

"I'm proud of you." Wayne said. "Quinn, you know the Miller boy, correct?"

"Uh, yeah. His name is Cale." Quinn said, cheeks flushing.

"Kill him. We kill anybody who has anything to do with Samantha Carpenter."

And Ethan can't stop thinking; he's the person who gets to kill Eden Miller. His father will finally notice him. Will finally love him just like he loved Richie.

Ethan Kirsch is going to murder Eden Miller.

ELLIE SPEAKS!
ethan ethan ethan 🤨 what a little bitch boy
anyways yes cale is alive bc he's gonna be pookie in this book ! anyways this prologue was kinda different to write but i enjoyed it.