𝟬𝟬𝟳 what a shame she went mad

Start from the beginning

ONCE BOTH EDEN AND ANIKA arrived at the given spot, the group was staring at them. Unsettling and harsh looks. Cale sent Eden a stern look, abruptly standing up. He rushed to Eden, letting out a sigh of relief.

"God, we thought something happened to you and Anika, Eden." Cale stressed, raking a hand through his hair. "You're okay, right?" The older sibling asked, examining Eden for any sign of bruises or scratches.

"Perfectly fine," Eden lied, ignoring the fact that somebody was stalking both her and Anika, while texting her at the same exact time. "You're fine, right?"

Cale nodded. "Come on, let's sit down." He whispered, carefully sitting down on the bench.

Eden ignored the eyes that were burning into the side of her head. The eyes that made her feel uneasy, but safe at the same time. The eyes attached to a human she had hurt. Somebody she didn't want to hurt.

Classic Eden. Ruining things when they finally get good. Of course she already ruined a friendship between someone she cared about. She can't help but regret it. It just happened and she already misses him.

Even looking at him hurt. So she didn't.

And, obviously, this upset Ethan Landry. A scoff left his lips, as if Eden was unbelievable for ditching him already. As if Eden was always in the wrong. Well, that's what Ethan likes to tell himself, now. It's always going to be Eden's fault.

"Why are you late?" Chad asked Eden, raising his eyebrows. "Because everybody was freaking out, wondering if you and Anika got killed—"

"Shut up, Chad." Eden whispered, rolling her eyes. "Both Anika and I are fine."

Chad raised his eyebrows. "I can tell when my best friend is upset, Eden." Chad spoke up, sending her a look. Maybe this is why Eden and Chad were so close. They always knew when the other person was upset. It would stay like this. Nothing would ruin the friendship between Eden and Chad. Never.

"Okay, maybe something is happening." Eden uttered, ignoring the way Chad sent her a 'I told you so' look. "Oh, shut up."

"I didn't even say anything!" Chad retorted, earning a quiet laugh.

"Okay, nerds, listen up!" Mindy interrupted, talking over the majority of the friend group. "As terrifying as this all is, I'm actually glad I get a chance to redeem myself for not calling the killers last time. Yep. It's fine." Mindy began, sucking in a long breath.

Both Cale and Eden sighed.

"Okay. The way I see it, someone is about to make a sequel to the requel." Mindy explained, shortly being interrupted.

Anika raised her hand slowly. "Um, what's a requel?" She asked Mindy, batting her eyes at her girlfriend.

Mindy caught Anika's gaze, before pointing at her. "You're beautiful, sweetie. Let's hold questions to the end." Mindy told Anika.

Sarcastically, Anika shared a smile with Mindy.

Then, another voice interrupted their moment. "Stab 1 took place in Woodsboro. Stab 2 took place in college." Sam acknowledged.

Tara seemed to catch on, quickly. "So we think that the killer is trying to copy the movies?" Tara asked, looking up at Mindy.

Eden rolled her eyes. "Wow, isn't that shocking." She whispered in Cale's direction.

"That is one possibility." Mindy replied, not bothering to acknowledge Eden's remark. "Heroes now in college: Check. Suspicious new characters brought in to round out the suspect list, and or body count: Check, check, and check." Mindy listed, earning harsh looks from Anika, Ethan, and Quinn.