♛𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧♛

Start from the beginning

"What's the deal with his brother? Because I just really got the message that I shouldn't like him at all."

"Then you are correct." Thomas stared ahead at Jameson's tense figure. Thomas sounded like he didn't want to elaborate, but I wanted to see how far I could push this.

"But why?" I gave him a quick glance again to make sure I wasn't being too out of line but I relaxed when I saw how calm he was about it all.

"Well, that's the thing. We don't actually know. Jameson included. We all used to be tight growing up." Thomas took a deep breath as if he was being sucked into a memory of the past, nostalgic and far away. "His brother used to join in whatever we played. It was like he was our older brother too. But then one day..."

Thomas snapped his fingers. "Switched. He became closed off, he stopped playing nice and the worst part was that we had...well still have no idea why he's acting this way." His voice became quieter the more he spoke. "He wouldn't even let us try to help him. Or even understand him. He became cruel and obnoxious."

For the first time, I saw hurt in Thomas's eyes. It seemed as if Zack hasn't only affected Jameson, but his friends too,

"That's awful-"

"Yeah, well," Tom gave me a lopsided grin. "Let's focus on the positives and not the negatives."

I returned the smile but I still had a million questions and not enough answer. Jameson and Zack are brothers. Logically they would have made up by now. But Zack? Whatever happened, made him shut everyone out and open the doors to evil. I glance at the back of Jameson as he continues to lead us through the castle to our guest rooms. Grayson catches up with Jameson and they start talking quietly as Xavier falls into step next to me and Tom.

"Guys!" Xavier whines in front of us. "Are you gossiping without me AGAIN?!" Xavier dramatically folded his arms in protest and i just let out a quiet laugh. Tom pats his shoulder.

"I'm just filling her in on some details about, well, you know." Xavier followed his gaze to Jameson.

"Zack." Xavier's jaw went tight and his eyes turned a shade darker. "Let's gossip about something else."

"Dude you really need to stop saying the word gossip." Tom slapped his shoulder.

"Clara says it."

Tom deadpanned his face.

"Oh, that reminds me. Clara, have you heard from Savannah recently?" His tone was nervous and slightly annoyed.

"Not really, no. She won't return my calls or my messages." I called her several times since we last messaged and I received nothing.

"Same here. Do you think she's okay?"

I think back to when I saw her talking with Ruby, looking like they were best friends. Have I been stupid all along and never saw something? Should I tell them what I saw?

I decide I should.

"Well...just before we left I saw Ruby and Savannah talking?" I cringed when I finished as I realised how pathetic I sound. They were probably arguing or something and I'm being delusional.

"What?" Tom stopped dead in his tracks. "What do you mean you saw them talking? Savannah would never talk to Ruby..."

"I thought it was strange too. They looked like they were friends..." Tom looked upset.

"I knew something was off." He ran his hand through his hair. "I knew it-"

"Knew what?" Xavier questioned. We looked at Tom concerned and he just shook his head laughing.