Chapter 42: Tempted Angel

Start from the beginning

"You too?" I let out a chuckle and he smiled "The most" he nodded.

"Really? The same guy who stopped me from slapping Soyeon, the epitome of a good boy?" I arched an eyebrow.

"Is that how you see me? A good boy?" He asked with a smile "I wouldn't be here with you if I didn't" I replied.

"And what if I'm a devil in disguise?" He grinned and I rolled my eyes "Your eyes can't lie" I whispered and his grin fell.

"So we read eyes now?" He asked while pushing my hair back "I do" I said and lifted my head to touch his lashes. He didn't move and let his soft eyelashes run down my thumb. My heart was racing to my head at this closeness.

"What are my eyes saying now?" He asked and stared at me with wide eyes which made me laugh "That you're a psycho" I laughed and his smile died down.

"A psycho hmn?" He said and I nodded "An obsessive psycho" I added and he nodded impressed.

"My identity got exposed..these damn eyes" He laughed and I shook my head at his silliness.

"Can this psycho get a last kiss by his siren?" He whispered against my lips.

"How tragic this sounds" I smiled and he nodded "But be careful a kiss from a siren can kill" I added with a racing heart.

"A kiss from a psycho too" He winked before pulling me closer and I gulped. I couldn't handle the tension.

"But too bad that we promised to hold onto each other and never let go" he said against my lips. He was millimeters away, I could feel his warm breath on my pulsing lips forming each word coming from his mouth.

"If I die I want it to be with you" He reframed his words from before at the waterfall.

"What if I wanna live?" I asked.

"That's not an option anymore" He whispered with a grin and my heart dropped.

With this he slowly captured my lips.

~

At the sound of someone whistling I rubbed my eyes open and blinked before recognizing the melody and shooting my eyes open to the dark hut. Everything happened so fast that my throat got dry, cold sweat started running down my back and my heart was racing when the other side of the floor was empty and his warmth was gone.

In a complete nauseous state I pulled the blanked closer to my body. The fireplace had almost died down, the candles did melt except for a single one, turning the hut into a horrific wonder.

"Taehyung?" My voice was shaking. I let my eyes travel around the room while the haunting whistle was still echoing. I recognized Taehyung statue leaning against the wall, his eyes glued on me but there was another person here with us.

"Has my kitten finally woken up?" His voice was raspy enough to scratch my ears.

"Taehyung" My voice was as quiet as a breath and as shaking as a petal falling from grace.

"It's me darling, Kai"

My eyes fell finally upon Taehyung leaning against the wall behind that monster and smirking in silence.