CHAPTER EIGHT: HISTORY

"We don't want to be late!" Sophie shouted as she speedily navigated her way down the hall, leaving us to trail after her.

"It's only History!" Luna said dramatically. "It's not even an exciting or interesting subject! I'd much rather do Combat!"

"History is important!" Sophie called back. "Learning what happened up to this point is vital knowledge!"

"Maybe in your eyes," Luna grumbled.

"We're here!" Sophie cried.

We caught up to Sophie as quickly as we could who was eagerly staring at the Professor.

"Greetings students," he said with a wide charming grin. "My name's Professor Channing."

Professor Channing was tall and slender, he had long wiry golden hair like sun-baked sand and had eyes the deep red colour of blood. He clapped his hands together excitedly. "Let's go inside and learn about the past!"

We entered a large classroom, a large chalkboard was at the front of the classroom along with a gorgeous, polished birch wood desk, littered with Professor Channing's books and parchments of paper. Birch bookshelves were placed against the walls of the room, each shelf containing a plethora of large, thick books. The room was lined with exquisitely hand-carved desks that could each fit four students comfortably.

"Take your sets," Professor Channing ordered.

We gladly obliged, finding a desk near the front of the class, which Sophie picked. Willow, Amber, and our other dormmates weren't in our class, they were currently doing Herbology, a much more exciting class.

"Is everyone happy with their House?" Professor Channing asked.

"No," a familiar voice spat with rage. I craned my neck over my shoulder and much to my displeasure found Felix sitting directly behind me with his fangirl Lilith, practically on top of him, and his two equally irritating and brainless friends sitting with him as well.

"Why?" Professor Channing questioned looking displeased, but nowhere near the degree of displeasure, I had.

"I should be in the House of the Dragon!" Felix hissed.

"With me," Lilith cooed.

Felix glared at Lilith with disgust as she gazed at him with wide sweet puppy eyes as if seeking affirmation as to whether it was true or not.

Odd. I always thought he liked her too. They're perfect for each other, both unbearable and rude.

"The House of the Dragon is where I belong, it's in my blood."

Lilith huffed, looking ticked off at the fact she didn't get what she was seeking.

"That statement proves to be false, otherwise Aluma would've placed you in the House of the Dragon, there must be a tremendously great explanation as to why she placed you in a House you hate," Professor Channing observed.

"There is no reason!" Felix bristled, his eyes darting to me before they made their way back to the Professor.

"The fact you got so defensive says different, anyway, let's move on and get into the lesson!"

Professor Channing scribbled notes onto the chalkboard before he addressed the class again.

"Today we are learning about the magical races," he announced. "For those who don't know, before the darkness came to choke the land with its tendrils, the magical races were at war with each other. The war was deemed the Divine War because it was stated that the race who "won" the war would be known as the Divine Race. There were also nine magical races originally."