CHAPTER SIX: DORMS & DINNER

"Follow me," Phoenix called, with a charming smile. "It's time to get you to your dorms!"

My fellow Housemates were eager to make it to the dorms, following Phoenix with purposeful steps.

"I wonder what the dorms look like," Luna wondered. "I wonder if we will share the same dorm, and who our dormmates will be."

"Whoever they are I hope they don't hate me," I muttered.

"Even if they do, they won't mess with you, you have my protection," Luna growled fiercely.

"Thank you," I smiled, joyful that I had someone looking out for me.

As we made our way to the dorms I lost count of how many corners we turned, how many corridors and halls we crossed, and how many stairs we climbed. After winding up a snaking set of stairs, I was exhausted, it felt as if I had trekked my way up a mountain. Thankfully, we came to a halt in front of a large, solid golden door engraved with elegant pictures of phoenixes. I looked up and noticed a large stone phoenix statue situated above the grand golden door.

I barely managed to suppress a gasp of shock as the phoenix statue spread its huge wings, coming to life.

I guess this Academy likes having statues that come to life.

"If you wish to enter recite for me the Phoenix code," the phoenix statue stated.

"The feathers of the phoenix shine bright

Spreading their fiery light

The phoenix brings life

And never strife," Phoenix said strongly.

The phoenix statue dipped its huge stone head and seized up, turning back into a still statue.

The grand golden door groaned and growled as it opened by itself. Immediately students started streaming inside, chattering like excited chipmunks.

"Don't forget the Phoenix code," Phoenix warned over all the noise. "If you forget it you won't be able to enter the dorms and don't forget to keep it a secret from the other Houses!"

As I entered the dorms along with my friends I was greeted with a spacious, yet cosy area filled up with couches, bookshelves, tables, and chairs. Decorations of phoenixes, paintings, and statues adorned the spacious room. Banners with the House of the Phoenix written on them hung from the ceiling and walls.

"This is the common room, where you can relax and chill," Phoenix explained. "You can come here whenever you want, as long as it's not to ditch classes."

"The girls' dorms are upstairs, and the boys' dorms are down here," Phoenix said gesturing towards the stairs over in the right far-hand corner of the common room. "To find the dorm you're in look for a plaque of your name on the door, now that's been said go find what dorm you're in! Once you are settled read your timetable to find out where and when dinner is. I'll be leaving you all now but if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask me, your House Captain."

Once Phoenix departed everyone eagerly headed to locate their dorm. I trailed after Luna, who was practically sprinting up the stairs.

"She has way too much energy," Valkyrie laughed, with a shake of her head.

"I wish I was like her," I remarked. "She's always excited about everything and has so much fierceness."

I hadn't known Luna for very long, but I already admired her. She had so many qualities I lacked. She was much more confident, stronger, fierce, protective, and smarter than I could ever be. Never in a million years would I be able to match her.