Chapter 15 : Marriage Counseling

"Wally.. are you awake in there sweetheart?"

I knocked my knuckle aganist the bedroom door holding two cups of warm coffee in my hands. I heard an muffled mumble from the other side of the door, taking that as an response to come in. I opened the door and peeked my head in the room looking around for him. There was only an huge lump underneath the covers, with an visible blue strand of hair coming out of it. This got an small chuckle out of me finding it to be both humourous and cute.

I shut the door behind me with the side of my hip and approached the bed, sitting on his bedside.

"Hey...how'd you sleep?" I spoke in an soft tone setting the coffee down on the nightstand beside him. This only earned an silent "response" from him, not even bothering to let out groan or mumble.

"Wally?" Now I wasn't even sure if he was awake or not.

"I'm awake.." his voice finally spoke from underneath the covers, coming out slightly muffled from his face in the pillow. I smiled when he talked and began to run my fingers through his soft and long blue hair.

"Did you sleep okay..?"

"I slept fine.."

My smile faltered at his short reply letting my hand move away from his hair. Ever since the incident with Home last night, he's been way more distant since this morning. I took this chance to wake him up and reached for the hot cup of coffee.

"I made you some coffee.. used extra coffee creamer for you.." I shook the cup in my hand to get his attention towards it. I waited and waited for an reaction and soon the sheets began to move. Emerging from the covers was Wally, his face exhausted and solemn. He took the hot mug from my hand and cupped it in his own. He blew at the steam emitting from the drink and closed his eyes to take an sip.

He lowered the cup after his sip and let out an single "ah."

"Thank you Sweet-Apple.." he glances over at him with an now visible smile on his face. My lips curved into an smile as well at his thanks, giving an nod.

"Of course."

We both sat in an calming silence as we enjoyed our coffee together. There were times where I thought of bringing up conversation to make the tension in the room less awkward, but every second I wanted to it would just come to a fail. I made it to my last sip and placed the drink back onto the nightstand.

"Do you have any plans for today? Perhaps you could go pay Howdy a visit at the shop, or even see how Barnaby's doing-"

"I'm staying with Home.. we have a lot to talk about today."

He talked over me, stopping me mid-sentence. I couldn't help but grow an strange sensation at the mention of home.

"You and Home have been taking a lot lately..what are you two discussing-"

"It's nothing." His tone came out more hostile and cold than previously that it even caught me by surprise. I stared back down at the ground and dropped the subject to avoid making him mad.

"Okay.."

I stood up from his bedside and made my way over to the closets to grab an jacket to wear out. If he didn't wanna come with me, then I would just have to leave him here with Home.

"Where are you going..?"

I heard him ask me, raising an eyebrow curiosity. I adjusted my jacket and reached for the keys shoving them into the jacket  pocket.