12: Relax

A/N: Quick disclaimer: this chapter is really short and not my best work but I thought I wouldn't post at all this week so you get something at least?

I had gotten home still on the high of the amazing day I’d had. Alex wasn’t home because while they work remotely most of the time they had to go into the office today. I put my tupperware from lunch in the sink and my bag in my room after taking my computer out. I then got set up on the couch and decided to finish my powerpoint since I didn't have anything better to do. I ordered some food before getting to work and decided it’s be funny to text Alex the picture Damien had taken of my back with the message ‘first day at smosh went well.’ So I did.

As I slowly started to work and waited on my food my phone buzzed. It was Alex. Their text read; ‘JEASUS TAPDANCING CHRIST, WHAT HAPPENEDDDDD?!’

I laughed to myself  before responding simply, ‘you’ll have to wait and see, I can't spoil it for you! Video comes out next Wednesday~’

‘UHG, rude 😒’ They shoot back. I laughed once more before going to get my food that was just been dropped off at the door. Sat back on the couch I turned on futurama for some background noise as I ate and worked a bit.

Alex got home at around six and quickly joined me on the couch after running to their room to put away their things and change into pajamas. “So are you gonna tell me what happened or not? What was that?” They asked, bursting with curiosity.

“What do you mean?” I responded with fake ignorance.

“Oh come on. You know what I'm talking about! Your text!” They rolled their eyes at me.

“Oooh, you mean this?” I pretended to remember and stood up, pulling the back of my shirt up, showing them my back. Which earned a gasp from Alex.

“Literally how?!" I chuckled at their response as I sat back down.

“Like I said before; you'll have to wait till the video comes out! You wouldn’t want me to ruin the quality content, would you!?”

"Uhh, yeah yeah whatever." Alex rolled their eyes. "Other than that how was work?"

"Pretty good! My coworker Chance invited me over for wine after work Friday with a few other people, wanna come with?"

"Oh my god, imagine! I'd love to but I don't know if I'll be able to be normal." They laughed, "do you know who all's gonna be there?"

"I think it was Amanda, Courtney, Damien, and I. But it's not set in stone or anything." We both silently sat nodding for a moment.

"We'll see, I guess." Alex shrugged.

We just hung out and watched tv until we eventually went to sleep. I didn't make lunch for the next day because I wasn't needed till a bit later and they would be providing lunch for the whole office. All I had to do was send in a lunch order, which I did.

I woke up at 8:30 to my alarm and sleepily started to get ready for work. I went into the kitchen for coffee only to realize we were out. Shit.

Back in my room I threw on some wide leg jean shorts, a forest green tank top, a brown zip up jacket, as well as some doc Martin's before gathering up all my things and heading to the office. I knew there were both energy drinks and multiple different coffee options in the kitchen so the determination to get to work was real.

After a very quiet fifteen minutes I had reached the 'smoffice'. I chucked my bag over my shoulder, shoved my phone in my pocket, and grabbed my keys before proceeding to b-line for the kitchen from the parking lot.

I first checked the fridge to see if there was cold brew or something of the sort. Lucky, there was! It was a large bottle of 'my favorite coffee' brand cold brew. I hadn't had it before but I was willing to give it a shot. As I was grabbing it out of the fridge Ian greeted me.

"Good morning Y/N," he noticed the bottle in my hand. "Oh! You're having 'my favorite coffee'? Let me know what you think, not too many people drink the cold brew." I looked at him as he spoke to see him drinking coffee out of a mug with the same branding on it. What's with this place and this specific coffee?

"Yeah for sure." I answered simply as I poured myself a glass. I tried a sip plain, and it was really good coffee. I added just the smallest bit of creamer and happily sipped on my glass. "This is really good coffee." I said to Ian as I pointed at my glass.

"Thanks!" He answered as he left the kitchen.

'Thanks'? What does he mean 'thanks'? I liked the coffee they had in the office, why did he say thanks?

I shrugged off my questions and headed to my desk. I set my computer up but texted Alex before starting work.

Hey Alex? :Me
Can I ask you a smosh question?: Me

Alex: yeah! I gotchu, shoot.

What's 'my favorite coffee'? :Me

Alex: It's Ian's coffee brand! He made it.

Oooh that explains it, thank you!:Me

Alex: no problem dingus

I quietly worked at my desk as I waited for my first shoot of the day which was a Reddit stories video. I don't know what the theme is for it but I guess I'll find out when I get to set. It's not till the end of the day so I just kinda get to chill out today. I already finished my powerpoint and won't really be given 'real work' until we have that meeting.

Today's going to be nice.

A/N:
995 words
Again, sorry it's so short. I can't promise next week's will be much better. I've been busy lately. It should be better the week after next once I have something's off my plate.
XO-T. Elliot