25. The Big Picture

The shower was steamy in more ways than one. Adam's instincts were pushing him to take control now, but he was smart enough to see that there was no need. Claudia moved exactly where he wanted even without commands to the drugs in her brain. The lightest touch was all he needed to suggest where he thought her body should be, and their instincts mostly seemed to be pointing in the same direction. There was little foreplay the first time; he just took her weight and lifted her up so that he could pound her against the slick tiles, suds streaming down their entwined bodies. And they got their breath back, it seemed so natural to wash each other's bodies, sharing a selection of different body washes and shampoos.

Claudia had been rather vigorous washing herself down after that nap, scrubbing at her skin until it was red, so it was pretty clear that she was clean already. But wordlessly holding each other close was a way to feel closer, and it helped them both to relax after what had been a very intense weekend. The smell of the shampoos, the steam filling the air, and feeling each other's hands gently but firmly massaging every part of their bodies, turned into a kind of sensual meditation. By the time both were ready to make love again, there were no words to needed. The feeling of two bodies so close together made it equally obvious how ready they were, and a single glance, or a single stroke, carried all the messages that were needed. Neither of them was sure who initiated it this time, but there was no need to know.

Finally, it was time for them to get out of the shower, and Adam reluctantly turned the water off. Then they were wrapping each other in soft, thick towels, and rubbing against each other until their bodies were dry. There were still no words needed.

"Not going to put me in a diaper again?" Claudia finally asked, as they started to get dressed.

"I can if you want," he said. "But I think you've been a good girl now. And I wouldn't like to get caught if your mum is home early."

"That's good," Claudia said, and leaned in to kiss him again. "Fetishes need to be balanced by responsibility, I think. And by other fun things too."

"Want to finish that game, while we have the time together?" he asked. "Without making bets about things you already know?"

"Yeah. And thanks for not getting mad. You did well there... Was that you being voluntarily dominant? Like, you didn't have to do it for the orders I gave you at the start of the weekend, did you? So..."

"It seemed like the right thing to do," he said. "I hope that meets with your approval."

"Yeah. It's a relief to know that you've really got those feelings, not just putting it on when I made you. And I guess... that's one of the things that I wanted to find out this weekend. It wasn't just forty-eight hours of fun, you know?"

"No? I thought you enjoyed that."

"I did," she said, and then she was lost in thought for a second that seemed to last an eternity. "All of it. But that's not why I wanted to push you. I think I told you a little bit earlier, but I should tell you the whole truth. See, I wanted to know if you could do that, how well you'd do it, and how you really felt about it when you weren't trying to be the responsible one. And I really need to tell you the whole story."

"So... want to tell me everything? Or play that game first?"

Claudia hesitated, but Adam was never in any doubt which option she would choose. They went back to her room and picked up the game controllers again, fighting one last boss that proved to be a satisfying victory even if it was rendered considerably easier by the six historic codices they had managed to collect. Barely an hour later, they were watching a video of notable characters giving a press conference while others were led away in plasma handcuffs.