19. Satisfied?

Adam wasn't resting while Claudia took a nap. He followed his plan, amended only slightly to account for the fact that he was babysitting the older sister. To start with, he made sure to take a couple of photos so that he would have something he could use to remind her of these moments after she woke. And then he took a careful look around the kitchen to see what they had in stock for dinner. There were a few options that seemed appropriate, but he didn't want Mrs Cartwright to come back to an empty fridge. So he decided that he would check on Claudia one more time and then jog to the supermarket to pick up something nice. He was sure she would appreciate that.

But when he got back to the bedroom, he saw that she wasn't quite asleep yet. Her eyes were closed, there was a smile on her face, and she was barely moving. But she wasn't asleep. Adam padded closer quietly, wondering if he could have been mistaken. She was still bent double, squeezed into a crib that was much too small for her. But as he crept closer, he could see that she had one hand inside the front of her diaper, and her fingers were moving rhythmically under the surface.

"Having fun?" he asked, after watching for a minute longer. Claudia twitched and pulled her hand free, but still didn't open her eyes.

"Pretending to be asleep?" he asked. "What were you doing just then?"

"Trying to get sleepy!" she answered, and he wondered if that might actually be the truth. Maybe touching herself a little was the best way she could think of to get herself to sleep in the middle of the day.

"Well," he said, trying to think quickly. "I guess that's a good thing. And I'm not going to stop you. But I think you should remember that you're taking a nap as a form of discipline, so it shouldn't be an excuse to enjoy yourself. So I think we need a new rule. That makes ten, doesn't it? You're allowed to touch yourself if you want. But you can't climax, because that would be sending the wrong impression. Any time you're in the crib, if your hand goes into your diaper, you have to keep on touching but stop just before you finish. Understand? If you touch yourself in the crib, you have to bring yourself to the edge and then stop, and try to sleep like that. And if you do, then you're not allowed to move until I come to release you. So your hand stays in your diaper, even if you need to have a little accident. That's the new rule. Can you do that?"

"Yes," she whimpered, and he was sure that she liked the sound of that. It would be interesting to see whether it turned out to be as much fun as she expected. But he was sure that this naptime would be a memorable experience for her, whatever lesson she learned from it.

"Very good. Then carry on with what you were doing. Masturbate now, and then leave yourself unsatisfied as you go to sleep."

She couldn't resist the command. Her hand crept across her skin, quickly finding her diaper again. And when Adam left the room, she was moving just like she had a couple of minutes before; trying to keep it discreet so that he wouldn't hear her. And as much as he wanted to keep on watching, he turned around and moved slowly across the soft carpet, hoping that he would leave without her hearing. Not knowing whether she was alone would surely add to the feelings of helplessness.

It wasn't far from the Cartwright house to the nearest branch of Santa's, and Adam made the journey pretty quickly. He walked around the supermarket trying to figure out what Claudia would enjoy, and it wasn't too long before he managed to put together the ingredients for a steak and mushroom risotto. He might have tried something more exotic, but he couldn't stop wondering how Claudia was getting on at home. He didn't know how she would respond to this punishment, but a big part of it was being left without stimulation; so he couldn't keep checking on her. The only way it could work was if he left her alone to face the consequences of her actions.

He felt bad about it. His mind was filled with different ideas about what he might be feeling, and it was hard not knowing. But this was the job he'd signed up for, and he was going to do it to the best of his ability. He finished the shopping, paid for everything, and walked back home. Every instinct wanted him to run, but he knew that it wouldn't help any. He needed to give Claudia at least half an hour to ensure that she had a chance to sleep. So he forced himself to walk slowly, trying to be calm so that Claudia wouldn't see how worried he was. He had to be strict, calm, and collected.