10. Early Hours

When Claudia woke up, she stretched and right away noticed the unfamiliar bulk of a diaper between her thighs. It wasn't completely new to her, but it was long enough since she'd worn one that it was the first thing to grab her attention. Of course; Adam was playing the babysitter this weekend, and had turned out to be even more assertive than she had expected. She shifted position in bed slightly, a little disappointed not to find her boyfriend next to her, and then sighed in relief as she felt her bladder release.

A few seconds later, she was awake enough to think clearly again. And now she knew that the new formulation of St Jeremy's Root was just as potent as she had hoped. A part of her had always doubted that it would be completely effective after sleeping, because so many theories insisted that sleep was a time for the brain to clear away the detritus of the previous day's activities, and nothing would be in her short-term memory when she awoke. But Adam had told her to use her diaper if she woke up needing to pee; and that was what she had to do. She'd done it almost without thinking, and that surprised her more than anything. It wasn't something she would be able to fight against if she didn't even realise it was abnormal until her diaper was already soaked.

She took a deep breath, and then looked around her room. There was no trace of Adam. That was still disappointing; she wanted to be sleeping with him, even if they weren't actually having sex. In her mind, that had always seemed like the big difference between an actual boyfriend and just friends with benefits; and she desperately wanted to think of him as the former. But...

But she'd told him that wasn't what she wanted. She couldn't stay faithful in a long distance relationship, not when studying at colleges separated by a multi-hour flight would have turned it into a long distance relationship. He had said he was okay with that, and that it was only logical. She could tell herself that he had seemed disappointed, and that he was reluctantly following along with her wishes, but she really didn't know. She was the one who had kind of dumped him, with the unspoken understanding that sex would still be on the cards if they met again. She couldn't resent that he didn't behave like a proper boyfriend when it had been her choice to end it.

She closed her eyes again, and tried not to think about it anymore. She didn't need to be resenting her past self for decisions that had made sense at the time. And she still needed to know how Adam truly felt before she could make a real decision about next week. But that was something she had already planned for, and not something that should be filling her thoughts now. She was better than that, she thought. So why was it so hard to get his absence out of her mind?

He could control her completely. That was a big difference. Of course, she'd found a couple of people who could talk the talk, and swagger like the whole world should bow down to them. And some of those had been interested enough to experiment when she'd shared her stash of mind control drugs with them. But... it wasn't the same. It had been almost a year since she last saw Adam, and in that time she had found three people she trusted to experiment with that root extract. And all three of those had thought that the best use of control was to make her go down on them. They could have done anything, taken complete control for a couple of hours, and none had been able to imagine anything more in-depth or complex than simple sexual favours.

Adam was different. She wasn't sure why; maybe it was the baptism by fire that they had gone through together when they first learned about the power of certain herbs. Or maybe it was that they had other hobbies in common, and had collaborated to help her get a full set of achievements on both Celestial Voyager and Another Eden while they got their breath back in between increasingly imaginative scenes of humiliation and fornication. But whatever it was, she hadn't found anybody else who came close. She needed to know if Adam was any better; or if they had only seemed to gel so well back when she had very little experience.