Part 18 Talks

Meanwhile in the under-construction Imperial Base

Arik Taranis ordered the apparently abhuman princess to his command tent to meet with her. She arrived appearing much healthier than she'd been before and wearing a simple tunic and pants. 

Bowing to the two Thunder Warriors and the Count, she introduced herself. 

Alice: Greetings honored lords, I am Princess Alice, niece of Queen Tyuule, heir to the throne of the warrior bunnies. 

The abhuman princess named Alice spoke with a cultured tone that displayed a level of tutoring and social training. 

Arik Taranis: Hello Princess Alice, you may rise, I am Arik Taranis, leader of this army, do you know why it is that I have summoned you? 

Alice flinched at the question before shaking her head. 

Alice: I'm afraid I do not my lord. 

Looking at Alice before speaking, Aik Taranis spoke. 

Arik Taranis: I summoned you to ask for your cooperation in exchange for aiding your people. 

For a moment, Alice was stunned, stuttering she replied to the Primarch. 

Alice: Y-You know of the plight of my people. 

Nodding, Arik responded. 

Arik Taranis: I am aware, Count Formal here and the prisoners in our custody have informed me of the fate that has befallen your kind. 

At his admission, Alice nearly cried, she'd lost hope for years now of ever regaining her freedom or freeing her people. Her kind had been enslaved by the Empire and she still painfully remembered how her Aunt Tyuule sold herself in exchange for her people's freedom, only for that villain Prince Zorzal to break his word. 

She'd only been 13 at the time and three years of slavery had done little to dull the pain of losing everything she'd ever held close to heart. Choking back sobs, she asked. 

Alice: Y-You truly wish to help my people. 

Nodding again, Arik explained. 

Arik Taranis: Yes, in exchange for your people's freedom after the defeat of the Saderan Empire, your kind shall swear fealty to the Imperium of Mankind and be granted Imperial citizenship. 

Alice: B-But my lord, I have nothing to offer you. 

Arik Taranis: As I said, Princess, I only require your assistance, my forces now lack numbers and local contacts for support. In one month, I will be able to obtain reinforcements myself but still do not possess the local support necessary to secure compliance after the Saderan Empire has fallen. 

Explaining further, he spoke to the bunny warrior. 

Arik Taranis: You will act as a beacon of hope for those of your kind who have been downtrodden, your people will be the Imperium's eyes and ears in the Saderan Empire itself. What do you say, Princess? 

Thinking over the Primarch's offer, Alice found it compelling, however, her people had been lied to before, and she needed to ensure these people were being truthful. 

Alice: I am willing to swear allegiance to your Imperium, my lord, but I have one condition first. 

Raising his eyebrows, Arik inquired. 

Arik Taranis: What would that be Princess? 

Alice: That you free my aunt in the Saderan Capital.