The Cinderella

Magsimula sa umpisa

Nanlaki ang mga mata ko.  Anticipation runs through my veins when suddenly it freezes like a glacier when Dolly shrieked.

"No!  Of course not!   I can do it!  I can make it!" she almost shouted at her.  

I tried to ignore my disappointment.

"Alright, alright!  Don't shout Dolly okay?  Now, will you start the revision?  I want this book be published after this week so you better work your ass hard this time.  Iyan na lamang ang hinihintay," the irritation in Carmela's voice is unmistakable.

I glared at her back when she left Carmela's cubicle.  Hindi halatang galit na galit ang takong nito.  I lifted a brow.  

Madapa ka sana.

"Janiella."

I blinked my eye and stood up when I heard her called my name again.  My cubicle is just some feet away from her cubicle.  

She looks at me and give me the manus on her table.  I frowned when I looked at her.  "What's this?" I did not bother myself to read the front cover of the manus.  I do not want another job right now.  I am also a part time writer.  I write fictional stories but not frequently.  I guess I have to find my mood whenever that I want to write.

And I do not have that 'mood' lately.  I asked for an out of town trip next week to clear my head.  Luckily, I have finished every book covers assigned to me.

I don't need another one.

"The next book of Alessa, I want you to design her cover," she said flatly.

Shock, I could only stare at her.  Napatingin ako sa manus na hawak ko.  

Remembering The Night by Alessa Ortiz.