#11

VED'S POV

She wasn't able to hold back any longer. I shifted near her. Lifted her chin. As she looked at me, her eyes had water but now it didn't have the fear, sadness that was eating me from inside before.

"I AM HERE VIVIDHA...I WILL ALWAYS BE HERE."

She let out a loud sob. I want to pull her into my arms! I just want to hug her!

"Dad...DAD THREATENED TO...TO KILL ME IF I DIDN'T...I DIDN'T MARRY YOU.."

"What the fuck?! He exaggerated or literally?. "

"Exaggerated mostly....I told mom I didn't want to get married, She told Dad...and...He said that He was done with the company and wanted to make you the CEO when you get better at work."

"Why couldn't you take over the company?"

"He doesn't think, I am good enough."

"Do you think you are good enough?"

I asked her making a firm eye contact

"I don't know."

"I know. I know are good enough."

"No no no...I can't go against dad at all! He'll do something bad...!"

Fucking fear comes back in her eyes as she shakes her head.
Enough of Mr Sahni Fear!

"Look at me Vividha."

She looked at me, weeping.

"Did he do anything bad? Did he do anything before?.......Did he hurt you more than just those father slaps? "

She didn't answer. But she did have a question mark on her face about how did I know abt the slaps

"When you, me and our friends went to watch a moive and after the moive, we all had dinner, It was late night and I dropped you home?"

Vividha nodded in agreement.

"I SAW HIM SLAP YOU."

Her eyes widened.

"I saw him slap you after I said goodbye. I saw his So Called Welcoming Face turn into the most annoyed one. I saw your Happy face slapped down to the scared one. I didn't come back for you between you and your father because I thought he would do it more intensly in my absence."

"He did throw some slaps...when I said I didn't want to marry you."

"HE WON'T EVER NOW."

Her face had a blanket of the trust and satisfaction.

"He lied to me too."

"What lie?"

"He said, YOU ARE IN LOVE WITH ME. WHICH YOU CLEARLY AREN'T"

"What?!"

"When you sent our marriage proposal to my dad, He said you loved me. I was surprised because we weren't that great friends. He said he wanted to make you CEO of Sahni Group since your father's company had failed. And honestly, I was happy when he said you loved me. I would have ran away from my house if he hadn't said you loved me. I tried calling you but dad took my phone saying it wasn't allowed before our marriage. I saw you struggling to talk to me....I actually believed that you loved me..."

I couldn't feel any floor under my legs. Fucking hell! She was told I love her..........What the actual fuck! She was soo hurt because She realized I didn't love her after we got married.....SHE HAD NO IDEA THAT HER HUSBAND WOULD NEVER LOVE HER.

"Vividha....Vividha...I .....I...I DON'T---"

"I know...I know Ved. Dad lied...I know. I realized it in 2 days...accepted it in 7 days....So you don't need to explain."

We had food after this. None of us spoke anything.

I walked out of the room. I called Mr Sahni... He wasn't picking my first 10 calls but he did pick eventually. He had to....

"Hello? What the hell is wrong with you Ved?! Freaking ten missed calls! Are you crazy or my daughter has driven you crazy?"

"Mr. Rajesh Sahni...where are you?"

I said ignoring every question.

"Manali with Anjali. And what is this 'Mr' language?"

"You need to come back for your daughter."

"She is your responsibility for the 2 years...remember?"

"Does she know that she is JUST A RESPONSIBILITY and that too JUST FOR TWO YEARS?"

"Hmm.."

"Thats a no right."

He didn't respond.

"SHE DOESN'T KNOW ABOUT THE CONTRACT. SHE THOUGHT I WAS IN LOVE WITH HER."

My voice shivered. He was still silent.

"Its for her own good Ved...She would have ran away---"

"So you lied to her that I am in love with her?! Imagine....Imagine your daughter in my room in her bridal outfit...waiting for me...maybe even dreaming abt her first night. Imagine your daughter waiting for the love her father said she would get from her husband. Imagine her heartbreak, Imagine her dilemma..."

"The contract never said you couldn't sleep with her."

"Are you for real?! You want me to sleep with your daughter and then abandon her...?!"

"Ved, Stop it. 21 months...just more 21 months and you'll never see her again."

"Come back. Tell her its a contract...it will break her heart less."

"I can't, I am on a tour."

"Dad......"

I said putting fake emotions in my voice.

"Please come back. I would need you. Please listen to me."

He said nothing for 30 secs.

"Okay. We'll be there in a week."

He cut the call. CAN I CUT HIS THROAT?!

BUT CAN I TOO CUT MINE WITH HIM BECAUSE WHY THE FUCK WAS I SO FIRM ON NOT DIVORCING VIVIDHAAAA!

THE MERE THOUGHT OF DIVORCING HER MADE ME FEEL TO A LOOSE A PART OF MINE.

Its not about money, Its not about work. Even when me and Vividha are not together after 2 years, She'll still work with me.

I AM USED TO HER BEING AROUND. TOOO MUCH USED TO LISTEN TO HER VOICE...I DON'T KNOW WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN.
Yeah I know it sounds cliché...but its the fact!
.

Is our Ved falling in love?