He concealed it well, but Wang Yibo could sense the awkwardness.

He glanced at Xiao Zhan, whose profile was engulfed by the dim yellow light in the hallway, looking so dejected. A pang of pain surged in his heart, and he thought: If Xiao Zhan hadn't married him in a muddle-headed manner, Xiao Zhan would probably have a happy and fulfilling family. Why does he have to carefully fabricate lies whenever his family asks about married life?

They had discussed the issue of having children before. Xiao Zhan said kids were troublesome and noisy, and he didn't feel ready to be a good father at the moment, so he didn't want to consider it for now. Wang Yibo hadn't given it much thought before, as many young people nowadays didn't want children, and childless families were quite common. However, one's thoughts could change with age. Xiao Zhan would turn thirty next year, and with all his siblings, friends, and colleagues getting married and having kids, would he eventually want children too?

Wang Yibo sluggishly entered their home and greeted Xiao Zhan's parents. Xiao's mom and aunt were in the kitchen preparing lunch, Xiao's dad and cousin-in-law were playing with Xuanxuan, and he sat next to Xiao Zhan. After a while, even Xiao Zhan went to play with Xuanxuan.

He watched as Xiao Zhan picked up Xuanxuan from his cousin-in-law's arms.

Xiao Zhan wasn't very adept at holding babies, afraid of hurting them, so he was extra cautious with his movements, which seemed a bit amusing. He extended his index finger and gently touched Xuanxuan's face, commenting on how soft it was, then playfully tapped Xuanxuan's eyes, saying how beautiful they were and how he would definitely grow up to be a little handsome boy. Xiao Zhan smiled with great joy.

Wang Yibo fidgeted with his fingers, feeling a sourness that was hard to put into words.

He seemed to see a future version of Xiao Zhan as a father, a version of Xiao Zhan that would have everything he deserved if he hadn't impulsively married Wang Yibo. He thought bitterly and silently, The baby of Xiao Zhan and him would undoubtedly be much cuter than Xuanxuan.

"Yibo, Yibo!" Xiao Mama called for him.

"Hmm?" Wang Yibo snapped out of his thoughts, and Xiao Zhan was looking at him strangely, saying, "What's wrong with you? Dad has called you several times."

"Ah? Sorry, Dad, what did you say? I spaced out just now" Wang Yibo avoided Xiao Zhan's gaze.

Xiao Baba smiled and shook his head, saying, "It's nothing. I was asking about your grandfather's health. He was hospitalized recently, right? Is he doing better now?"

"He's back home now" Wang Yibo sighed, "Whether he's better or not is hard to say. Grandpa is already eighty years old, and he has had various health issues in recent years, but doctors couldn't find anything specific. He's just been receiving IVs and taking medicine. The doctors said it's impossible to cure the ailments of an elderly person."

"Right, Grandpa is already eighty years old" Xiao Papa sighed, "But a few days ago, my friend recommended an experienced traditional Chinese medicine practitioner. Traditional Chinese medicine and health preservation are trending now, and this practitioner is quite famous. The waiting list for consultations is long. I'll give you his number later, and you can discuss with your mom to see if it's worth taking Grandpa to see him."

"Alright" Wang Yibo nodded, "Thank you, Dad."

"Actually, you can go see him too" Xiao Bbaa added, "Zhan Zhan mentioned last time that your heat periods are a bit unstable, right? Why not see a doctor and get some prescriptions to regulate it? Don't overwork yourself at your job too. Rest more whenever possible. Your health is more important than anything else."