What Happened?

Lucia Pov
.
.
.
.
⚠️ TW PANIC ATTACKS, PARENTAL VERBAL ABUSE ⚠️

It was still dark when I woke up. I couldn't remember everything that happened last night. I woke up with pain in my head, sharp in parts and dull in others.

I tried to get up but I realized there was something holding onto me. I looked up and saw a head of minty hair. I would've freaked out, if she didn't look so peaceful. A little bit of heat came onto my face, and I settled back into her arms. I could stay like this for a while.

Gay time skip

It wasn't dark anymore. I was also not in anybody's arms. Amelia's absence made me a little disappointed. I was willing to admit that at this point I had caught feelings for the Blight girl. And that scared me. All the relationships I had ever had ended horribly. I didn't want to ruin what I had with this perfect girl.

I got up from my bed and went into the kitchen. On the counter sat a bottle of water next to two pills and a slip of paper. I looked at the paper, and written on it in messy handwriting was

"Left you some Advil, had to get ready to go to my parents house for the weekend, call when you wake up.
-Amelia."

I smiled at the note, took the medicine and chugged the water. My head was still pounding, so I ordered Mcdonald's on UberEats, then called Amelia while I waited.

Ring
Ring
*Hello?*

"Hey, I got your note. You good?"

*Oh hey. Yeah I'm fine. I just wanted to let you know I'm gonna be out of town for the weekend. My parents wanted me to stay here.*

"Oh, okay. Uh- I had a question."

*Whats up?*

"Well, what happened— last night? I remember beating up those 3 guys, but nothing after that, and I don't even remember why I beat them up.."

*Oh, uh— can we talk about this when I get back? I don't think talking about it over the phone is the best idea...*

"Not even like, the basic details?"

*Lucia, I—*

"Please, Blight, I just want to kno—"

*LUCIA! I said not right fucking now!*

Amelia's tone shocked me. I'd never heard her talk like that. She had to have a reason, right? I stood there saying nothing for a hot second.

*Look, I gotta go now. I get back on Sunday, we can talk about it then, okay?*

"Okay. Bye then, Amelia," I didn't have a chance to hear a response before I hung up the phone.

I sat on the couch and put my head in my hands. My leg was shaking and my eyes were filling up with tears. My breathing was shallow, I was basically wheezing.

I looked at my hands. My knuckles were ripped up and bruised. I cradled my head with my hands again.
What the fuck did you do Lucia? What the fuck? This is why nobody liked you back home. You're always so goddamn violent, and for what? My heart was beating out of my chest.

I slid off the couch, onto the floor. I put my head between my knees and wrapped my arms around my legs. I wanted to be as small as possible. My crying wouldn't stop. My shirt was wet, my breaths still shallow. I hated this feeling. Right now, I hated myself, my own actions.

I sat like that and cried until I couldn't anymore.

Amelia Pov

I felt like shit after Lucia hung up the phone. I didn't want to talk about what happened at all, much less did I want to over the phone. It was all too fresh in my mind. The thought of that blond guy made my stomach stir.

"Hey, Mittens, you good?" I heard my sisters voice through the door.

"Uh- yeah, I'll be out in a sec," I said and turned off my phone.

I walked over to the full length mirror in my childhood room. Childhood? I had left here a month ago, how did it feel like it had already been so long?

Anyways, the outfit I was wearing to the gala was prepared by my mother. I hated it, as well as everything else my mother did. I can't believe she only fucking asked me over here so that I could make her company look good at this gala.

I had tied my mane of hair back and headed out to my sister's room.

"Hey Em?" I said whilst knocking on her door. She was sat on her bed, texting somebody on her phone. She was wearing a baby blue dress with black details, matching Ed's black tux with a baby blue vest and tie.

"Hey, Mittens," she said. She had a sympathetic look on her face as she came over to hug me. I had told her what happened last night. I just couldn't keep it to myself. My sister separated from me. "Are you ready? It's gonna be a long night. I can always help sneak you out, it'll be hard but—"

"No," I said. "You don't have to do that. I'll be okay, at least for today." I wasn't honestly sure I'd be okay. I had just gone through— the thing that happened, and now I had to be around my mother?

I let Em lead me to the ballroom, where the gala was being held. There was light conversation over the soft jazz quintet music. Classy, I thought. There were banners that said Blight Industries.

Before I could even take in the full setting before Odalia, my mother, dragged me over to show me off to some clients or whatever. I'll spare you the details, but I had to sit and fake a smile while Odalia used me as a model of the perfect child. I don't know what that did for business, but it happened every time there was a work event and I was at it.

The night was long, like Em had said it would be. As Odalia and my father were seeing guests off, I sat at a table, and Odalia constantly side-eyed me. What did I do wrong? I began to panic, digging my nails into my legs. This is why I almost always wear pants...

All the guests had left. My mother approached me. I was prepared for her to smack me across the face and then scold me. Instead, she just stood there and stared at me.

"Yes, mother?" The word mother left a bitter taste on my tongue. I hadn't called her that in a while.

"Why were you sulking all night?" she asked.

"I don't know what your talking about mother," I had tried to keep up appearances for her. I guess I wasn't good enough at it, per usual.

"You know what I'm talking about, darling. You were late, you barely spoke, you're making me look horrible, dear." I felt the tears welling up in my eyes.

"Sorry, mother."

"Sorry doesn't cut it. You never do anything right. Maybe you should stay here for the rest of the semester, you could take online classes, and I could hire somebody to reteach you etiquette. It would do you some good." She looked me up and down with a judgy stare. I had a lump in my throat and was trying so hard not to cry.

"I'll think about it, mother." I couldn't hold her gaze. I walked out of the ballroom and went straight to Emira's room. My mother let her leave early.

"Emira?" I knocked on her door. She answered it and must've read the look on my face, since she showed her usual empathetic look.

"I'll drive you back to Hexside. Go change and meet me in my car." I nodded and sniffled. Before I could go, she pulled me into a tight hug. I lightly sobbed into her shoulder. God, I hated the way my mother treated me.

I changed back into what I had came in, baggy jeans and a baggy pink t-shirt. I went to Emira's car and we went back to Hexside with very few words.

Boscha wasn't home when I got there. I think she was out with Skara. I went to the kitchen and, still crying, pulled out my unopened bottle of vodka.

a/n: i stopped there bc i didn't want to give you guys two drunk chapters in a row ;) sorry i haven't posted in a little bit. hope this feeds y'all, next chapter is already in the works!