No, no, no, please, no.

"Him?" Cassi wasn't sure if she should ask.

"Yes, my dear. He's your godfather," Noctua sobbed. "He wants to see you. I'm trying to stop him, delay him. But he wants to see you."

Voldemort is my godfather.

Cassiopeia felt a wave of nausea and sat abruptly in the armchair.

"Darling?" Noctua called softly, her voice filled with concern.

"He's dead, Mother," she cried. "Sirius is dead," then she jumped into her mother's arms. "How can I do this? That monster killed my father. Because of him, I lost my uncle."

"Oh, my dear..." Noctua cried with her during the hug.

"Cassiopeia," she called, seeking her attention. "I need you to obey me strictly. More than ever. He must not know your thoughts, he must not even dream them," she said, pulling Cassi's face between her hands, her voice tense.

"You will withdraw from the last week of Hogwarts, using the excuse of mourning your uncle's death. I will talk to Minerva to send your things. I need you to keep it a secret and pretend ignorance. Understood?" she asked firmly.

"Yes," Cassi sighed.

"You will practice Occlumency with me every day. Understood?!"

"Yes."

"You won't mock, grimace, or do anything that would make him punish you. Do you understand?"

"Yes, Mother."

"Good!" Noctua kissed her forehead.

"Now, explain to me why the hell Narcissa Malfoy's tongue was in your mouth?!" she suddenly exclaimed, raising her eyebrows.

(...)

The situation turned chaotic. The Aurors stormed the mansion, practically tearing down the gates, in search of Death Eaters.

"I'd love it if you didn't soil my furniture," Narcissa wrinkled her nose in disgust. She always did that when in the presence of someone she considered unworthy, as if she were smelling something extremely repulsive.

Tonks appeared at the door, looking terrible. Dark circles under her eyes, her hair lifeless. But when she saw Cassiopeia, she ran towards her.

"Cassie!" she shouted, her hair changing from white to sleek black. "I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry! I should've... How are you..."

"I went looking for my mother," she said softly, as she had planned with Noctua. "I needed to get out of that place."

Tonks reluctantly nodded, then looked at Narcissa and Noctua, who were standing by her side.

Narcissa stared at her intently when she heard
Tonks name.

"Would you like to come with me? My mother has been extremely worried since she found out about your disappearance. We thought you were kidnapped."

Cassi almost rolled her eyes at that. She was kidnapped by her own mother's order.

Narcissa seemed panicked and held onto her tightly as if someone would drag her away from her at any moment.

"Later, maybe. Right now, I'm not in a state for interactions," she whispered sincerely, holding Narcissa's hand to reassure her.

"I'm sorry," Tonks caressed her cheek in sympathy. "Harry isn't doing well at all. But, if it's of any comfort, McGonagall is recovering."

Cassiopeia brightened at that. "How is she? Has she woken up?" she asked excitedly.

"Yes, she'll be back to Hogwarts soon."

That brought great relief to Cassi. At least one person she loved was safe.

Tonks got up and nervously extended her hand to Narcissa.

"Tonks, I don't think we've properly met," she said, shifting her weight from one foot to the other.

Narcissa stared at her hand and wrinkled her nose, but when she saw Cassiopeia's expression, she huffed and accepted the offered hand.

"You have Andromeda's eyes," she said begrudgingly, but Cassi could see a faint smile forming on her lips.

Tonks seemed ecstatic that her aunt didn't utter any racist words because she was a half-blood. She grinned widely, and her hair split into two colors, just like Narcissa's.

The older woman's expression was comical, with her mouth slightly ajar.

"You are...?" Narcissa began, but then stopped herself.

"I'm a Metamorphmagus. Yes," Tonks smiled sheepishly.

"Impressive," Narcissa appraised, opening a half-smile.

Cassi had the urge to laugh.

"Well... I have to look for your husband and sister to send them to Azkaban," Tonks said awkwardly, stepping back. Narcissa wrinkled her nose again in disgust.

"See you soon, little fox. Send a letter to my mother; she's about to pull out all her hair from worry," she joked with a laugh, but Cassiopeia had a feeling she wasn't exaggerating.

As Tonks left, Narcissa looked at the mess caused by the Aurors with a twist of her lips.

"It went better than I expected," she reflected, annoyed.