Chapter 32 : The Expectations

Start from the beginning

'Let it be like this for some time,' all she tried to make out from his reaction.

"What happened? Why are you both looking at me like this?" Shobha, sensing a change in the surroundings, looked at both of them one by one, "Am I... am I not looking good?" she asked making Swara shake her head in a no immediately.

"No, no, Dida. You are looking beautiful as always!"

"Really?" she asked feeling good about herself making both Swara and Sanskar smile.

"Yes, Dida," Swara answered, "Are you doubting your Shoru?"

"No way."

Shooting Sanskar a look, Swara pulled him alongside her and came to sit on the chair with her box, "Come on, let us eat this together. Dida, you also come and sit here."

Shobha nodded and then came to sit besides Swara. Sanskar also sat down looking at the box of rasgulla that Swara was opening.

"You know," Swara said to Sanskar, "my Dida makes delicious rasgulla! I want you to have the first."

Saying this, she picked up the first rasgulla and brought it near Sanskar.

"Of course!" he smiled, "She has made it with so much love and I won't eat it?"

Swara smiled chuckling and fed him the rasgulla by her own hands, which he happily devoured.

"How is it?" she asked him in excitement as she really wanted to know how he felt of her Dida's handmade rasgulla.

"Delicious!" he said, "just... no words. I have never loved eating rasgulla as much as I loved eating this one."

"Hai na?" she was delighted on knowing he also loved it as much as she did, "I'm glad you too think so."

"Yes. And Nani ji, if you ever, ever think of opening a rasgulla shop in future, I can say with guarantee that in just few months, every rasgulla lover of Kolkata... or maybe... of whole West Bengal will come to you only to buy rasgullas!" he said truthfully making Dida and Swara laugh too.

"Okay," he announced while picking up another rasgulla and looked at Swara, "You have fed me the first one by your hands. Now it's my chance."

"Gladly!" Saying this, she opened her mouth and he too fed her by his hand. Shobha noticed all that was going on and got confused.

"I thought Shoru likes Sanskar. Then why does it look like she is too close to him? Well... he also seems very nice, but..."

"Looks like both of you are really close to each other," she said genuinely that turned both of their attention towards her.

Sanskar smiled knowingly and turned to look at Swara, "We are really very close to each other," he answered honestly making Swara smile shyly.

"Shoru, where is that other friend of yours? After all, it's him I'm specially here to meet," she turned towards Swara.

Swara sighed shaking her head in hopelessness as she didn't understand why was Sanskar doing what he was doing.

"Shoru, where is your friend, Sanskar?"

She looked at him before revealing, "right in front of you, Dida!"

"W-What?" Shobha gaped in shock and looked at Sanskar who raised his palm to announce his presence.

"Present, ma'am."

"What?!" she was dumbfounded, "Wait, you are Sanskar?" she asked again to confirm that she didn't interpret anything wrong.

"Yes," he said innocently.

"What! You were right here and here I was thinking who this Sanskar is," she admitted, "Why didn't you tell me? I asked you who he is and-"