"Please!" he begged as he suddenly pulled away from me, and went away from me. His every word shattered me. I was left with tears in my eyes, rips that knew I can't give him what he wants. That sheen died when my husband raped me on our wedding night, and when he died, I was given off to his old uncle who broke me the same way, before giving me to that brothel where every night I died hundred times.

How can I give him what he wants!?

~

The rest of the day was a haze he left for work, and he asked Divya to tell me to be ready in the evening for the party.

I was not sure what I suppose to wear, but he brought me this beautiful anarkali dress, I stared at it for almost ten minutes, would it be too much? Or too less? It is going to be a huge party, will I look good enough? I am not just any woman, I am Zehra, Daiwik's wife.

It was a very simple but very elegant dress, its hints of flowers and embroidery decorated and complemented its simplicity but its color and its layers spoke classic,

"Bhabhi! That is gorgeous! You should wear it!" She said, as she went through the basket of jewelry and picked a golden necklace, "And match it with this! Let me do your hair?" she said, so excited.

She forced me into getting ready all based on her ideas, and I did not despise it! She was good at this, she tied my hair, at the bottom in an elegant bun, with its front being very plain and no-frills, but went well with my face,

I heard the door knock, and immediately ran to my feet, to present myself in front of him, to see his reaction, but when Divya opened the door, there stood Dev, his eyes caught me, and his eyebrows raised.

"I thought suhaagraat happens the day after marriage?" he played but then laughed, "Kher, jab jago tabhi savera!" he said and went to his mother, I shook my head at his usual act.

"They are going to the party of Bhaiya's boss! His wife came to invite him personally!" Divya said, and he raised his brow,

"Kalipari came here?" he said like she was his friend, "How can I miss such a good sight!" He said, but then looked at me, "Looking good though!" he complimented.

But from the open door, Daiwik appeared his eyes caught me, and he stood on the threshold, not stepping inside,

He just stood at the door staring at me, "That's a door brother, you move past it to come inside. You don't stand there and wait for it to move away from your way, " Dev said, mine and his eyes meeting, after today morning, for the first time.

He walked inside finally, "We have to leave." he said, and I nodded and stepped outside the house, him beside me, I sat inside the passenger seat in his car today, directly after that day when he dragged me from it. And he sat in the driver's seat. He was already in a suit. I saw him in a suit.

He started to drive, his eyes occasionally turning to look at me again and again, trying to steal glances, I pretended not to know, but stared outside the window.

"Zehra?" he called me, I turned at light speed,

"Yes?" I asked,

He implored, "Do you want to go to this party?" I was unsure what to reply to that, I am not sure myself. I am just going because I was told to, but to think maybe I do want to be out in public and interact a little.

"Yes," I replied, and he nodded silently. He bites down his lower lips, sucking them before releasing, once again I turned to the window, trees fading away with the lack of light on the road,

His eyes surveyed me again and again. When I stepped outside the car, he followed along, "Babasaheb had created a backstory for us, there are brothel people some will recognize you, so you have to pretend that we met at the brothel and fell in love with each other. So nobody gets harmed," he reminded me.

Abhiraj Agnivanshi's wife doesn't know he gave me away like a toy that day to Daiwik, and if she finds out she will be extremely hurt so even here we have to play a part.

I entered the party, next to Daiwik, the party was unnecessarily extravagant! It was bigger than my wedding! It was just an announcement of the pregnancy.

Taara Sahiba spotted me, standing next to her husband, her face screaming bore with that smile. Dressed in a beautiful black silk saree, once again her grace, made me feel so inferior.

I looked down at my clothes, but when I heard someone speak in my ear, I was left with heavy breath, "Aaj duniya ke saare sitare bhi tumse jal rahe hai Zehra, tumhari keher kisi samundar ke leher se bhi zyada katilana hai, inn ghatak bhari nasro ko dusro ki ruhaniyat dekh ke yuh jalne na do!"
(Even stars are jealous of you today Zehra! You are more lethal then the waves of ocean, so don't let your dangerous eyes see and feel inferior to others spirits)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

me to god right now- Uncle ji, mujhe ek daiwik dedo please uncle ji mujhe ek daiwik de do!