A Brighter Flame

((My face after lying to my readers:))

((This is pretty obvious, but I am a sadist author. 

Sadist authors are basically people who enjoy killing their characters without remorse and making people sad that like them.))

((A Brighter Flame will have four parts, all showcasing three flamechasers and their interaction with Kosetsu after he is now free to roam around, but still disabled.))

...

I... I don't know, who am I. I just knew one thing, if there was ever a chance, a chance to be a person again. 

As I stared at the smiling face of Dr. MEI staring at me with delight after seeing that I was alive. I didn't know what to think. 

Was this a miracle, in a way, the answer was obvious. It was a miracle, a miracle that I didn't even know that was possible. The poison entered my body, that much was obvious yet. Yet... And somehow before I knew it, droplets of tears fell from my eyes while I stared at the joyous face of Dr. MEI.

"I..."

I tried to say something, but what only came out was a small whimper. This feeling inside me... even though I already lost hope that I was never going to see another day. Yet... yet... How can fate be so cruel?

When you realize that all of us is simply marching towards with time, slowly reaching and waiting for our deaths.

When our dreams and hopes are simply another figment of our imagination, and will probably be never true.

How we deny reality and accept fantasy as a part of our life. Slowly losing our grip on reality and our line of becoming a true human and pretending to be a fictional character is slowly distorting.

And how we only find hope and happiness after we have lost everything that we have already wanted to keep.

And how I only found joy in this moment, after I already lost the only thing keeping me from going insane... Hope.

In a way I did realize, that all of this ranting in my head was meaningless, and had no utter meaning to the situation, yet for some reason, my mind only thought back to those things.

But then in this moment, something clicked inside me...

Yeah...

All this time, the thing I was searching for, wasn't friendship, wasn't love, it wasn't wanting to become a significant figure. I just...

I just wanted to be happy...

...

"You're alive...! You're alive! Oh please! Tell me this is not a dream!" Before I even knew it, Dr. MEI herself lunge towards her body at me and immediately tackled me to the bed, embracing me with all her strength.

As if she didn't want me to let go anymore. 

And in this moment did I realize, that I was never alone, and that even though I had peace in loneliness, I was never complete without others.

And so did I realize, that I was a real softie, a weak human, comparable to a newborn.

Haha...

"I..." I tried to say something once more, something that I've always wanted to say with all my heart, yet I couldn't. The words in my throat got stuck, because I was too overjoyed by this situation, that I forgot to speak.

"I... want to stay here forever!" I yelled and cried out while embracing Dr. MEI back, I gripped her with all my little strength, and I cried out, the tears in my eyes burst out like a water fall and I was left seeking for the warmth that only this place can give me.