Grape-Traveling

It all started during archery. I was struggling to shoot yet another arrow... when it happened.

Seeing as I'm a child of Apollo, you'd probably think I would be good at archery, but no. Some of my siblings jokingly tell me that I'm worse than Perseus Jackson (that guy shot an arrow into Dionysus's hair once. The camp director was standing behind the son of Poseidon). I'm not nearly as bad as Percy, but the vast majority of my siblings can hit bullseye every time, while I'm here trying to get my arrow on the target.

In addition to looking like a child of Hades (even though I have no connection to the god of the underworld whatsoever), I can't even sing that well, and my dad is the literal god of singing. My only talents are playing the viola, writing poems, and medicine. I don't know when charging into battle playing Sonata in E minor or reciting The Raven is going to be any use whatsoever, so I'm stuck with being a medic.

I sighed, sloppily letting an arrow loose. It was so badly aimed that it actually hit a tree next to the red-and-white target. The customized gold-and-purple feathers shimmered in the dappled sun as the shaft quivered in the wood. I groaned in frustration.

"Losing your touch a bit there, Zhara!" Someone called from behind me. From just the voice, I could already tell it was Will. I turned, and he was standing at the edge of the clearing, leaning against a tree similar to the one I had just impaled.

"I hit the tree, I can hit you too!" I retorted. But it was hard to be mad at him, because his big, blue, playful eyes and the mop of bright yellow hair on his head made him look like a golden retriever puppy.

He had the nerve to laugh. "Sure, and I actually bring weapons into battle." Suddenly, he turned serious. "But, what I'm really here for is that Lord Dionysus wants to talk to you."

I swallowed, not wanting a repeat of the counseling session I had when I first arrived at camp. "J-just me?"

"No- he called Annabeth, Percy, Grover, Leo, Piper, Jason, Pollux, Travis, Katie, Nico, and me. I have no idea why."

"I'm sure it's fine." I walked over to him, relived. "Let's go."

I had no idea that my life was about to flip upside down, do a 360 degree turn, pirouette, and then jump into Tartarus.

***

Everyone was buzzing with excitement.

"The gods are finally appreciating us!" Percy yelped, still bouncing up and down from the sugar of three blue cokes. Annabeth nodded, smiling at her boyfriend.

Getting invited to Olympus was no small thing. It was usually a "Dammit! Us gods need your help- but our ego is too big to admit it-" kind of situation that gave demigods access to the sacred mountain. We didn't know what we were going for, but Percy and his hilarious friend Leo Valdez had managed to convince everyone that it would be a blast.

Frank Zhang, Hazel Levesque, Thalia Grace, and Reyna Avila-Ramirez Arellano (RA-RA, as we liked to call her) were coming too; everyone was excited to be reunited with the demigods, who were arriving via pegasi all the way from Camp Jupiter.

Soon enough, four winged shapes appeared in the distance, and I followed the crowd up to greet them.

"No time to lose!" Dionysus boomed. He waddled through the crowd, looking drunk on glee. "As soon as they land, we're going to Mount Olympus with the chosen heroes."

"Lucky duck." Kayla elbowed me, grinning. "Be sure to bring back a souvenir for me! I'll be watching your trip on Hephaestus TV, have fun!"

I hugged my sister, her green hair brushing my face. "Of course! I'll be thinking of you."