Part Eleven

It took me more than an hour to calm Minjae, who was devastated by Taehyung.

After carefully laying the child, destroyed by his father, on the bed and playing with his coffee-colored hair, the boy, destroyed prematurely by life, fell asleep peacefully.

I couldn't  forgive myself for seeing those small, prematurely tired eyes filled
with bitter tears.

I couldn't believe that I had contributed to bringing him to such a state.

I was stupid and selfish, I wanted to be a valuable person to him so much that I didn't realize what my actions could lead to.

My poor attempt to make Minjae happy lasted only two minutes and then plunged the child into a new tragedy.

Weakened by feeling his pain, I got up from Minjae's bed as soon as I made
sure that he was sleeping peacefully, tired from crying.

I picked up the pieces that were still scattered on the floor one by one with
my hands and carried them out of Minjae's room.

Minjae was still at the age when he thought he would leave behind every new problem with sleep. I didn't want to be disappointed again when I woke up.

After leaving his room and dumping the debris in the empty, cold kitchen, I
went to Taehyung's room to vent the anger that would drive me crazy if I had to bear it in silence.

Minjae was his son! He had no right to destroy the child like that!

As directed by the maids I had introduced in the morning, I quickly went up the stairs to the second floor and stopped at Taehyung's slightly stained door.

"Diane, Diane, Diane. You still ran away from your duty, didn't you? I begged you, I begged you, I did everything, but nothing." Even through the small crack in the door, I could see the disappointed face of Taehyung, who was looking at the picture on his pump.

" Your son is driving me crazy. I gave up so much for him. I gave up my dreams, but for what? He is my burden. A stubborn parasite that."

"Give me back the photo!" Enraged by listening to Taehyung's monologue with the photo of the dead woman, I could no longer listen to the story of him being made a victim.

"You!" Taehyung, no less irritated by seeing me, shook his finger at me like an angry mother and took a step toward me.

"What are you going to achieve? Do you want my son to ride against me?"
He raised his voice in anger at me and stood proudly in front of me.

After the distance between us narrowed, the smell of alcohol coming from his mouth overshadowed everything as he spoke.

"You are drunk," I spoke to myself in disappointment and shook my head.

He threw the steps he took with Minjae into the garbage only because painful memories were in front of his nose.

Minjae was destroyed only because of his drunkenness!

"Are you avoiding the answer, Gyeong? I caught you! What do you need my son for? What do you want to achieve by gaining his trust?" With his mind enslaved to drink, Mr. Kim stubbornly continued to question me and showed me more and more anger toward him every second.

"your child? What happened an hour ago was not like the behavior of a father taking care of his child at all! Now you wonder what my plans are with him?"

Enraged by the memory of Minjae's condition, I completely forgot about the formal conversation with my employer.

"I'm warning you for the second time, Sol! You aren't his mother! Don't get
stuck in the role and don't forget that."