His same hand came up, reached my ears, and rang the jhumka's bottom, heat rising from the core of my twisting belly as they immersed on my cheeks, I can feel myself reddening completely, I tried my best to keep my eyes away from him.

His same hand traveled till that one strand of hair sticking on my forehead, from all the sweat I had due to anger earlier, as he picked up the hair and pushed it behind, the night earlier replayed in my head. The same way he pushed my hair back that day, I gulped down hard.

His hand reached towards my waist, and he let it rest today on the open waist because I was wearing an explicit ghaghra-choli, too much Hindu attire for me.

His huge palms touched my bare skin, a place different than my hands for first-time, a tickle ran through my entire body, I gasped in surprise, his big hands resting completely on my waist, and slowly he slid them behind my bare back, and aggressively pulled me closer, bringing his mouth even closer to mine. He breathed heavily, maybe less heavily than the storm that ran in my chest.

His lips lingered near mine, for a little longer than I was anticipating, but then he ushered, "You are looking beautiful Zehra!" He slowly whispered as he let go of me and my waist and turning around, he walked right outside of the room.

My heart was still under the clutch of a hurricane.

~

He left me stranded like that for the whole night, and he never returned inside the room, I went out once or twice to find him, first, he was sitting with Dev, yapping and watching the television, and the second time I did, Dev was asleep but he was still watching the television.

I waited for the television to shut off but never did. He plays me, he does these things to provoke me, and then leaves me?
He makes me do things to get him to spot me, he does, and then he completely deserts me.

When I woke up, he had left for work already, doing my things, I was back to my daily route.

Soon once again the sun hit the horizon and he came back home, I was sitting on the kitchen threshold, applying henna on Divya's hand, he sighted me, I looked at him but he ignored me like I was invisible and went inside our bedroom.

I stood up on my feet, "Divya, I will come back!" I said and paced inside the room and shut the door behind me. He looked at me from the same Almirah, and then the door.

My anger hadn't settled since yesterday, I will not let him act the same way again.

His eyes strangle between the door and then me, "What are you doing? Zehra?" he asked me, so calmly, like nothing could faze him. My name sounds strange every time it leaves his lips.

"How could you?" I said, more like mumbled inside my mouth, scared little for he might act out once again. He frowned, trying to interpret my words.

"How could I? What?" He asked me, this time more sternly than earlier, his usual raspy voice rather hoarse now,

I stumbled further, my hands tightly clutching my dress, and my eyes traveled to meet his, "You push me, play with me, and then leave, starting to act like nothing happened!" I tried to sound upset and mad, but the slow shiver in my voice must be notable to even a five-year-old child.

"You use me!" I said the final blow and his scowl grew deeper. He covered the distance between us,

"I leave so that I can make sure nothing happens. Do you think I like this gap between us Zehra?" he spat in frustration, "Do you think I like watching you sleep meters away from me? Do you know if it was on me? I would sleep with my thing inside you! And I can! Because I own you, Zehra!" he said harshly, words I never foresaw to hear from him.
"So don't just parade inside the room shutting the door like that! Demanding actions from me, because if I start there is very limited time I would stop!" His ruthless words, with his slight mix of anger, left me questioning my act.