gracie's fingers danced along daisy's waist, tracing the curves of her hips as daisy's hand reached to cup her cheek, pressing a soft kiss to her cheek. "i'm gonna go get ready." she whispered to the girl, who nodded. daisy slid out of the warm comforter, an immediate chill slithering up her spine when gracie's body wasn't next to hers.

she walked to the bathroom, picking up gracie's toiletries bag and noticing she had daisy's toothbrush from when the two had taken an impulsive trip to big sur a few months back. she smiled at the memory, her fingertips lightly brushing over the bags zipper before reaching in, grabbing her toothbrush and pulling it out of the bag.

she slathered toothpaste on the wet bristles, beginning to brush her teeth, which didn't last more than a few seconds before she felt gracie's warm hands sliding around her waist, a soft kiss being pressed to her neck. she melted into her girlfriends hold, resting her body weight against her as she easily supported the blonde.

gracie pressed another lingering kiss to her head, inhaling the new scent of a coconut, tropical shampoo. she guessed it was augusts, as that was where she had been staying for the past few days. the thought of what sparked that made gracie's heart twinge, tightening her hold just slightly on her girlfriend.

everytime she thought about the fact she hadn't been there to protect her, something she had promised she would do, it seemed to cut her deeper. the thought of daisy having to go through that alone, to face that absolute monster with such bravery and resilience made her heart swell with a sort of pride, but tainted with a fear of her known stubbornness.

"i have a meeting today, is that alright? i won't be gone for long." gracie double checked, daisy nodding quickly. she spit into the sink, washing her toothbrush off. she spun on her heels, pressing a kiss to gracie's lips. "of course, teddy. that's your work. i would never ask you to put that in jeopardy for me." she twirled a strand of the brunette hair on her index finger absentmindedly, gracie smiling at the action.

"in that case i have to go get ready." she pressed a final kiss to daisy's head, sliding her hands away from her waist before walking to her suitcases, her clothes messily piling up. she picked out some light washed blue jeans, a graphic tee-shirt, and one of daisy's dark sweaters. it wasn't too professional of a meeting, so her agent told her not to worry about a dress-code.

it was almost 12pm, daisy and gracie having slept in way past their usual time, more than likely due to daisy's erratic sleep schedule the past few days. gracie was glad she was able to provide enough security that she was able to have a safe, comfortable sleep, taking pride in how well-rested her girlfriend looked, having a little bit of her natural glow back.

gracie's agent texted her, the signature ringtone letting her know to check. the text read that the uber would be outside the hotel in less than 3 minutes, and to 'hurry her ass up'. she chuckled at the text, pulling her sneakers on at the front door as daisy appeared from the bathroom, now fully dressed in gracie's clothes as well.

gracie took in her appearance, a smile gracing her face. "i hate that you look better in my clothes than i do." she jokes, daisy's face flushing. "oh shut up you flirt, i do not." she shook her head, though also laughing. gracie checked the time on her phone again, realizing the uber would be outside any moment. she stood, taking a step closer to her girlfriend.

"i'll be back in about 45 minutes, alright?" gracie stroked daisy's jawline lightly, pressing her lips to her forehead. "i'll pick us up some food on the way back, okay? you should eat something." she said, daisy nodding.

after a few moments of gracie making sure daisy was alright, she posed a final "you're going to be okay on your own?". she had asked it what seemed like a thousand times in the short period, causing daisy to chuckle softly. "yes, teddy. i will be okay. don't worry about me. don't make me the reason you're late to your meeting, silly." she grinned, shooing gracie away. gracie gave her a look of mock hurt and offence, hanging her jaw open like a disrespected toddler.