She immediately withdrew her hand from his hold and picked Adved in her arms. Shaurya watched as his wife cradled the baby in her arms, cooing softly.

"Did Avi say good morning to Chachu? Baby, say good morning Chachu." The baby's cry faded as he tried to stretch his arms and legs drowsily. Manjiri smiled, "Aww, my Avi is already tired. Tiring Mumma and Papa for like whole night is a big deal, no?"

She took her face close to the baby's to rub her nose against his little one. The baby seemed to be enjoying that and those talks. He tried to move his mouth, making soft low sounds whilst looking at Manjiri.

"Yes, yes, I know there's a lot you want to say. I get it. I'll listen. Don't worry!" No sooner did she respond to the baby like that, then the baby turned to stare at Shaurya. A thing which he always did when looking at him. However, this time he started whining whilst staring at him. Manjiri got up rocking him, "Yes, he'll listen too. Don't cry."

Shaurya too got off the bed and walked passed them towards the washroom. While Manjiri kept on swinging the baby in her arms in order to push him to sleep. He didn't allow his parents to even take a short nap the previous night, so Manjiri thought that it would be better to make him go to sleep in her room only rather than locating him back to his parents, who might be peacefully snoozing at then.

She carefully laid him on the bed when she made sure that he had slipped into slumber. She was covering him with the duvet when Shaurya emerged from of the washroom. Both regarded each other with a full look.

"If you had provided me a clear answer, it wouldn't have been the end of the world. I promise."

He mumbled raking his fingers through his wet hair. She voiced folding the duvet cover which they shared at night.

"Who knows? It could be."

"You feel shy?"

"Of?"

"To say clearly what you felt."

"No. But I believe sensible people should understand a lot of things themselves."

Manjiri answered, holding back the blush that begged to be on her face. However, he seemed determined to have his way.

"Is that so? Then I believe I'm certainly not sensible."

Manjiri turned to look at him after hearing him say that. He was already peering at her. She found a different kind of spark in his eyes, a profound look of curious hopefulness. She took a sigh and began conceding looking him in the eye.

"Those moments were defining moments. They were stunning." She uttered. He looked away smiling when he found her taking a few steps towards him. He had to fight back a blush when she added, "Nothing feels better than saying good night in your arms. I enjoyed myself a lot but I'm more fulfilled hearing you did too."

_

_

_

Post dinner, as usual Shaurya thought to check on his grandmother after finishing up an important call. However, his steps faltered as he neared her room. The door was ajar. Curtains were drawn. He stilled when Sameeksha's muffled, irritated voice reached his ears.

"I so knew it."

"What?"

"That you will say like this only. That's why I was not telling, Dev"

"Look, Sam..."

Shaurya couldn't help but roll his eyes. Dev and Sameeksha had got no chill. They were to get married in a few days but still they were like that. The equation they shared was not easy to comprehend. Nonetheless, they looked cute together. Shaurya had to agree to that. Intrigued, he peeped inside the room before planning to barge in, uninvited.