Those feelings weren't just the jolts of raw need that ran through their fleshes but it was something that held a meaning, a deeper meaning. Yes, he was right. It had a substance. Not a selfish desire but a way of recommitting to one another.

She never wanted him to go away from her. Missing him was no longer a profound longing for her, it had become equivalent to physical pain. However, it was surreal delight to have him around after being apart from him for days.

She blinked furiously, abruptly tears began blurring her vision. She felt grateful. She wondered if God was only testing her before. And allowed her to witness the rainbow after a good amount of chilly winds and rains.

Shaurya was the most beautiful rainbow for her. Her colour palette which seemed to be breaking to her, he had fixed that. That feeling of running short of different shades which had surfaced in her heart, was all gone. He fixed that too by adding more colours to her life. Everything had started exciting her now.

Things which were sublimating between them, had condensed back. Or even got frozen for forever. Preserved. Regulated. Embedded.

_

_

_

Shaurya yawned, cocking his head to the side to get a vague glimpse of someone. He had to grab his glasses from the nightstand to confirm who was beside him on the bed.

"Hello! How are you doing today?"

He murmured softly on finding tiny Adved's unwavering gaze upon him. Much to his surprise, the baby kinda smiled at him.

Shaurya blinked. Recieving a baby smile from a baby, first thing in the morning was something worth mentioning. He had never thought that a mere smile of someone could be the best start of the day.

"Umm..." He took his fingers to run them softly over the baby's head. "Well, you can fool her with this look but not me. She will for sure think that you smiled because you felt happy. But because I'm a doctor, I know you didn't actually. It was probably a involuntary twitch or gas."

"No, Chachu, I actually smiled. You should too."

Manjiri's voice reached his ears. He turned towards the entrance to find her leaning against the door with a bright smile. There was a fall of something soft in his eyes before he extended his hand in her direction.

"Morning!"

"Welcome to the promised tomorrow."

Manjiri replied taking a few steps forward to join her hand with his. He pulled her closer and made her sit in front of him. He smiled caressing the back of her hand.

"So, are you happy future Dr Manjiri?"

"Immensely happy, Dr Saahab."

She knew he was asking that with reference to her result which was declared the previous night. However, she was yet to know that his questioning, soft gaze was demanding more from her.

"Dr Saahiba, was it ok for you?"

She mutely nodded taking her eyes off his face. Her cheeks immediately tinting with red. He leaned closer, making her nervously look up to him. "I require words." He deliberately uttered that part in a very low tone. She blinked twice before whispering back with a shy gaze,

"It was much better than the last time. You say?"

In response he just smiled at her. Her gaze kept on lingering on his features until she saw his lips moving,

"Like nothing I'd experienced before." He added taking her hand closer to his mouth to kiss her fingers, "Thank you!"

Manjiri took in an audible breath. In that moment all she ever knew was him, just him. She didn't even know herself. She was away from reality until someone's muffled cries reached her ears.