47.

She pushes me through the room, and I gasp when I see Derek hanging from this large, metal, barred door. There's some kind of wire attached to him and wrapped around one of the bars.

"Derek?" I question.

He opens his eyes, and they immediately widen when he sees me. "No," Derek shakes his head. "No, you leave her out of this."

"Well, I would've if she had fled the house, but she didn't, so we had no other choice but to take her," Kate shrugs. She pushes me back into a chair that's sitting across from Derek a few feet away. She grabs new zip-ties and pushes my wrists against the chair. She ties both my wrists and my legs to the chair. "There. That should keep you from trying anything."

"Just let her go. She doesn't have anything to do with this," Derek insists.

"Unfortunately, she does. Maybe if the poor girl had stayed away from you, she wouldn't be in this situation," Kate sighs. Derek looks over at me, and our eyes meet.

~ ~ ~

"Come on, Derek. He killed your sister," Kate reminds him as she keeps going through his wallet. "Now, either you're not telling me because, well, you want to kill him yourself, or, for some reason, you're protecting him." She smirks before walking over to him. She chuckles as she holds the ID up to him and grabs his face. "Look at that sour face." I clench my fists. "I bet you always used to get people coming up to you saying, "Smile, Derek. Why don't you smile more?" Don't you just want to kick those people in the face?"

She walks away from him, and he opens his eyes. "I can think of one."

"Promise?" Kate asks as she turns around to look at him. "'Cause if I thought you'd be that much fun, I'll let your girlfriend go." I swallow as she walks over to the table and picks up his phone. "All right, let's see." She starts to scroll through it. "Nothing, nothing, nothing. God, I hate this detective crap."

"Are you gonna torture me, or are you just gonna talk me to death, huh?" Derek questions.

"Oh, sweetie, I don't... I don't wanna torture you. I just want to catch up," Kate shrugs as she glances over at me. "Remember all the fun we had together?"

"Like the time you burned my family alive?" Derek spits.

"No, I was thinking more about the...," Kate starts as she walks toward him, "hot, crazy sex we had." I feel tears threatening to spill, but I don't let them. "But the fire thing, yeah, that was fun, too." Derek tries to lurch at her, but he's held back by the chains. "I love how much you hate me," she laughs. "Remember how this felt?" I watch in horror as she trails her tongue up his stomach.

A couple of tears roll down my cheeks as I look away from them. I hear Derek growl at her

"Mm, sweetheart, I really don't want to torture you," Kate sighs when the door slides open. She turns around to face whoever opened the door. "But he does." I turn my head to see a man walking in. "Make sure you give her a taste, too, but not too much. She can't endure as much as he can."