Chapter 16 ||| pockets

Começar do início

"Okay. How are you gonna put me to sleep?" I asked curiously, looking up at the doctor.

"We will swap the fluid running through this IV in your arm. No new needles or injections, don't worry!" He said enthusiastically. I nodded. "Also, you are getting discharged tomorrow at about noon. We will give you a doctors note for school as well." He added. I nodded again, happy that I was going to get discharged soon. Honestly, this hospital bed felt more uncomfortable than it did before.

The doctor smiled and nodded back, before whispering to the other doctors. They both nodded, then one began working to disconnect my IV from the tube connected to the clear bag. The taller male and the other doctor began moving my bed around, seeming to disconnect it from the larger frame beneath me. I stayed still, trying to remain calm. The thought of surgery has always scared me. 

Before I knew it, I was being rolled out into the hallway. The male doctor was saying things that I didn't understand, using special words or codenames. I wasn't into medical stuff at all.

I was rolled through the hallways, and soon I was pushed through some double doors. It was a large room with a few other doctors already in. There were small metal tools on a metal tray on the counter. All of the doctors had gloves and masks on, which made my heart drop slightly. I knew they were all preparing for my surgery.

They lifted me off of the metal piece that I was being rolled on, and placed me on a simple bed. Like the thing you would sit on at a check-up, but bigger and with plastic rims on the side.

"Okay Kyle, you might feel a bit woozy once we get this fluid pumpin' into that IV." A male doctor said, gently taking my arm and beginning to connect a different tube to my arm. I nodded, taking a quiet deep breath.

I was visibly uncomfortable. I was nervous, rightfully.

"Don't be worried, kid." He said, smiling down at me. I blinked twice, and felt the other doctor let go of my arm. I took it back by my side, laying back further on the pillow.

"First surgery?" A female voice asked, smiling kindly at me by the foot of my bed.

"Actually no. When I was a kid, I had a liver problem and I had to get a new one." I replied, cringing at the memory of how fucking sick I was. My mom was overdosing me on some medicine made by weird people and she thought that vomiting was meaning I was getting better. 

"Well, how did that go for you?" She asked curiously, trying to keep the conversation going.

"Oh, it went great. My best friend Stan was there for me the whole time." I replied, smiling softly. 

"Stan Marsh?" A male voice asked, gazing over at me.

"Yeah, him. How did you know?" I asked, turning my head to look at him.

"There's not many Stans in South Park." He replied, shrugging. I chuckled and nodded, and suddenly felt myself begin to feel slightly tired. Dizzy almost.

"Woah, I feel dizzy." I said, my words slightly slurring.

"That means that the fluid is working. You'll be out like a light and next thing you know it'll be morning." The taller doctor said, looking over at the clear bag that was connected to my IV. I felt my eyelids grow heavier and heavier, and eventually I just let them shut. Moments later, I fell asleep.

[CRAIGS POV]

I was walking towards Kyle's hospital room. I genuinely missed him, and I wanted to ask him when he got discharged. 

As I was approaching the room, I saw Kyle being rolled out on a bed by several doctors. Did something bad happen? He looked fine, but he was visibly uneasy. I followed behind them slowly, not trying to seem suspicious.

After a few turns, they entered a double doored room. I sat in the group of seats next to the room, because I wasn't stupid enough to just look though the small window on the door like a dumbass.

"Okay Kyle, you might feel a bit woozy once we get this fluid pumpin' into that IV." A male voice spoke. Wait, were they putting him under anesthesia? He must be going into surgery then.

I could almost hear Kyle being visibly uneasy.

"Don't be worried, kid." The same male voice said, chuckling. 

"First surgery?" Another female voice asked.

"Actually no. When I was a kid, I had a liver problem and I had to get a new one." Kyle replied matter-of-factually. I remembered when that happened. I wasn't as worried for him as I would be now, but nonetheless I was worried. At that point, I was dating Tweek, so in a way I didn't have any time to worry about anything other than Tweek.

"Well, how did that go for you?" The female voice asked. I heard some metal clanking in the room.

"Oh, it went great. My best friend Stan was there for me the whole time." Kyle replied. Stan and him have been the closest friends for as long as I could remember. Sure, they've gotten into fights, but nothing and nobody can separate them. People have literally asked if they were dating before. I admit, I was kind of jealous.

"Stan Marsh?" A male voice asked.

"Yeah, him. How did you know?" Kyle asked.

"There's not many Stans in South Park." The male voice said. I heard Kyle chuckle, and it made me smile again. I loved his laugh. Honestly, I could and do love everything about him. Every flaw and every perfection. You name it, I love it.

It was silent for a moment, before I heard Kyle's voice once again.

"Woah, I feel dizzy." By instinct, I quickly stood up. Hearing Kyle was hurt in any way concerned me.

"That means the fluid is working. You'll be out like a light and next thing you know it'll be morning." A male voice said. I looked around the hall before peeking into the room, and I saw Kyle laying in a small and simple bed. His hat was off, and I loved it when his hat was off.

I saw his blinks slowly get longer and longer, then he passed out.

"Okay, let's get to work." A male voice said, clapping his hands twice. Two female doctors nodded, and walked over out of my sight. 

"He's a sweet kid." A female doctor said, putting a mask on. 

"Yeah. Probably my favorite patient in a few months." A male voice spoke, nodding at the female doctor. 

I saw them began to unwrap Kyle's foot, and I pulled away from the window. The beeping of the heart monitor echoed through my ears. I sighed softly, glancing at the wooden closed door one last time before walking down the hallway, hands shoved deep in my pockets.

[A/N: sorry this chap is kinda shorter than most of my other ones. this was rushed. ill try to post again tn bc i forgot to post yesterday and i wanna make it up to u guys]

[update an hour later: okay im rlly sorry im tired asf but i PROMISE ill update tmrw. if i dont u can cancel me or whatever idk. i already have about 1500 words done, but i have a handful of ideas for that chapter that i need to get to, sooo the chapter might be long as hell but idk yet. LOB U GUYS!]