"Well thought," Cassie praised, and Hermione's cheeks turned ruby red.

"Okay, this is the one," said Hermione.
Everyone had their wands in hand and suddenly seemed serious and anxious. Cassi turned to the door and pushed it open. It revealed the room; they had found it: as tall as a cathedral, containing only high shelves covered with small glass spheres filled with dust. The spheres glowed dimly in the light of the chandeliers fixed at intervals along the shelves. Like in the circular room they had left behind, the flames were blue. The room was very cold.

Cassi pushed Harry and tried to listen for any movement. "There's no one here," she whispered. "At least not for now."

"You said it was on corridor ninety-seven," she whispered to Harry.

Under the chandelier of blue flames, which stood out, they saw the number fifty-three in silver.

"We need to go to the right, I think," whispered Hermione, squinting to see the next row.

"And... this is fifty-four..."

"Keep your wands ready," Harry recommended quietly.

They moved slowly, looking back as they walked along the long corridors of shelves, the far end of which was shrouded in almost complete darkness. Tiny yellowed labels were stuck under each glass sphere on the shelves. Some had a strange liquid gleam; others were opaque and dark inside, like burnt-out lamps. They passed row eighty-four... eighty-five...

Cassi stopped abruptly when she heard her name.

94

She took a few steps back and saw one sphere glowing more than the others, as f calling her. There was her name on a yellowed paper with a scribbled letter. The date was from 17 years ago.

S.P.T. to A.P.W.B.G. Cassiopeia Gaunt.

Cassi approached and picked up the sphere in her hands. Surprisingly, despite looking like a cold object, it was warm to the touch.

"In the deepest darkness, when the last breath of April fills the air, from those who bravely betrayed, a girl will be born to avenge the departed

"In the deepest darkness, when the last breath of April fills the air, from those who bravely betrayed, a girl will be born to avenge the departed. From the darkest lineages, she shall emerge, bathed in Black, yet bearer of the Light. After the fall of night, she shall bring forth the dawn, a beacon of hope that all shall see. Torn between darkness and light, she shall be the guardian of the chosen one, his shield and protection. She shall deceive the Dark Lord, the blood of her blood, defying his oppression."

Cassi took a step back, almost dropping the sphere to the ground. She was breathing heavily and looked around for her friends. They were a little ahead, so she had to run a bit.

"Harry!" she called out.

Then Cassi saw a figure behind the shelf and raised her wand towards it.

"Damn it... Harry!" she called out louder.